H1B Denial: What is my status?

priyanka17

Hi, i just got a denial for my H1B. I have a few questions:

1) Am I legally in status as of right now if I do not leave the country?
2) What is the next step I should take? Should I tranfer my H1 to another employer?
3) Does it make a difference (better or worse or none) if I apply to another service center than the one from where the denial came?
4) What is H1 appeal? How long does that take? Where can I read more about it?

Thanks; any help would be appreciated - I am in panic mode!

priyanka17 said:

2) What is the next step I should take? Should I tranfer my H1 to another employer?
3) Does it make a difference (better or worse or none) if I apply to another service center than the one from where the denial came?

Unless you put all reasons for your H1 denial , it is very hard to give solutions.
If it is your fault, then you will never get H1 transfer in any of the service center.

Please furnish as much information as possible...What was the reason for denial??? are you in some other status other than H1????

All in all please provide more info and it think folks on this forum will rightfully advise

all the best

priyanka17 said: