visapower

Registered Users (C)
H1B Approved.

Receipt Date : May 15
Approval Date : Aug 21
Processing Normal

All the best to all of you.

Thanks. :)

this is really strange,,,,my receipt date is april 5,,and notice date is april 18 and still my case has not been aproved,,
any ways,,congratulations,,,,

jungleehiren said:
this is really strange,,,,my receipt date is april 5,,and notice date is april 18 and still my case has not been aproved,,
any ways,,congratulations,,,,
Was ur case filed in Vermont. Some cases in Vermont filed in april have been moved to Texas for making it fast. Did u receive any such notice.

visapower said:
Was ur case filed in Vermont. Some cases in Vermont filed in april have been moved to Texas for making it fast. Did u receive any such notice.

nope i havnt received any notice from USCIS,,regarding this,,,
i hv a question for u,,if they hv sent my application 2 other center,,,do u think they have changed my application number or something,,cuz,,when i check my online status,,it was last updated on may 1,,after that they have not updated my application,,,i also called USCIS today,,and today also they told me to wait,,,customer service representative didnt have more info on it,,,it sucks,,

Hi Visa power,

Congrats, wanted to check with you as to how you were informed abt the approval, and if you know what was the gap between the date they approved it and the date that you can to know about it. Did they update even in there system?

Thanks

visapower said:
H1B Approved.

Receipt Date : May 15
Approval Date : Aug 21
Processing Normal

All the best to all of you.

Thanks. :)

Can anyone please tell me what is "Receipt Date:"
is it
Petition received date?
Notice Date?
The date you received the receipt number?

Depending on your answer i need calculate how much it will take for me

-Venkat

Receipt date and notice date are as mentioned on the receipt notice issued my USCIS after receiving the petition.

Receipt date is the date when uscis claims that they received ur petition and notice date is when they issues u the notice.normally notice date is around 10 days after receipt date.
If u have not seen the receipt notice u wont know the receipt date. On the online status when they say that..."ur application was received on 2 nd may" then it means 2nd may is the notice date.

Approved for me too, :)
eac 06-166 XXXXX

receipt date 15th May 2006
Approved 22nd August

Vermont
Normal Processing

Hoorah we can at last start making plans
good luck to all :)

ssah said:
Receipt date and notice date are as mentioned on the receipt notice issued my USCIS after receiving the petition.

Receipt date is the date when uscis claims that they received ur petition and notice date is when they issues u the notice.normally notice date is around 10 days after receipt date.
If u have not seen the receipt notice u wont know the receipt date. On the online status when they say that..."ur application was received on 2 nd may" then it means 2nd may is the notice date.

Thanks ssah. I got it. Now my receipt date is 23rd may

visapower said:

hi,

just got an email. my case was trasnferred to Texas. Does this mean that I need to wait for 3 months again? Anyone with the same situation? Anyone who has an idea on how long would it take again in TSC?

thanks!

Hi xrscom,
u dont need to wait for another 3 months. ur case shud be approved in a week or 2.

It took 3 months and 7 days for me to get the approval. I have received a status change email from USCIS as approved on 21st of August. They have mailed the Approval Notice(Hard Copy) to my employer on 21st of August. It should take atleast 8 to 10 days for them to receive the Approval Notice and once they get it they will send me the scan copy.

ssah said:
Hi xrscom,
u dont need to wait for another 3 months. ur case shud be approved in a week or 2.

Thanks ssah! would you happen to have the same case as mine?

No, my case is still with VSC and I am waiting for an RFE that has been issued on 22nd. But I have seen people in other forums. except vermont, all the uscis service centers are fast. So it is good if someone's is transferred to other center.

hey visapower,
you shud get the original copy not the scanned one. Make sure ur company doesnt cheat u.

Last edited by a moderator:
xrscom said:
hi,

just got an email. my case was trasnferred to Texas. Does this mean that I need to wait for 3 months again? Anyone with the same situation? Anyone who has an idea on how long would it take again in TSC?

thanks!

Hi, my wife's case was also transfered to texas center on 8/27/06.

Case received date : 6/5/06

Hi Mine h1b got approved

Type : H1b Regular
Recepit date
May 30
Transferred : NO
Receipt numb EAC-06-178-xxxxx

finally,, on monday i changed my application 2 premium processing,,
they got my request on tuesday,,
they processed my application on wednesday,,and approved on thursday morning at 9,,,damn,,,they didnt do anything in 5 months,,and after paying $1000 extra it took em to process one day,,great,,,
any ways,,thnks all of u,,,
good luck,,to the ppl who are waiting for their approval,,
adios

Applied for H1 on July 26, no LIN number yet!!!
Is anyone in the same situation. Please let me know if you have heard anything about July 26 th applications.

Thanks Everyone.