H1B 2009-2010 , transfer from out of the US

hermg2009

My current status is H4.My H1B has been filed by company A for 2009-2010 (approved). But now company A will not be able to employ me in oct/nov of this year.

Next month,I will be traveling back to India to join another company B-a Giant Indian company. Company A is aware of this and are ok with the move since I paid for the entire H1B processing fees.Company B wants me to come back to US for a project starting nov 2009 and wants to sponsor my H1B.

Can I use the existing H1B approval and get the VISA transfered to the new employer? If yes which of the following options do I take?

1) should I get H1B stamped on passport through employer A and then get it transferred without paystubs to employer B - All the while based out of India?

or

2) Is there an option to get I797 transferred to employer B (using existing approval) and get H1B stamped with employer B?

or should I just ask employer B to apply for fresh H1B as the quota is still open? Pls give in your suggestions! My spouse is based in the US and we are looking at the best course of action to remain together.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
If I have a VISA H1-B with a company A working as an Industrial Engineer, Can I get the visa transfered to a School District as a Bilingual Teacher.

Thanks,

Mayi