H1 visa issuance in India

Muddy

Registered Users (C)
My wife is planing to attend for H1 visa in Mumbai. She is a Canadian Immigrant and came to US on H1 document, since Canadian residents don\'t need VISA to come to USA. She has been working in US for last 2 years! and her H1 is valid, employer is willing to extend H1.

What is the success rate of H1 visa in Indian consulate?
Does anyone know recent rejections for H1 visa? and if so, what was the reason?

Has H1 visa success rate changed after Sept 11th.

take all docs I-129H, I-797, degree certs, edu eval, photo , draft

My wife and I are canadaian PRs from India, my question is
   1) Has your wife entered the US showing just the I-797 approval notice for H1 and the Can PR landing paper ?
   2) Also do the Indian exit control immigration and the airlines know of this rule and let you board easily ?

thanks

H1 stamping in mexico

has anyone gone from F1 visa status to H1 visa status in the last couple of months, by applying in Mexico??

I would appreciate any experience stories.

Here is my story as a canadian PR working in USA

I have came from Toronta in the 1998 March on H1 paper and canadian landing permit at the Buffalo port of entry , no questions asked. I have returned to India in 1999 Octorber with out a visa stamp on my PP. I have been to chennai consulate during the same time to get a H1 visa. Ones I have submited paper in the consulate after standing for a long time. They have called me at the window and told that I won\';t need a visa being a canadian landed resident and gave back my DD and Papers and I came back to USA a with out any visa. Again now I am planning to visit in india this motnh 18th. I have no Idea that I need visa this time as it had been long time and I do not have any status in canada as it is already 4 years I have left the country. Any ideas welcome