H1 visa approved(premium), but change of status not!

needh11

Registered Users (C)
Rajiv,

I applied for my H1 visa on April 1st. My OPT expired on April 1st.

My H1 has been approved. But I am told that my change of status is not approved, and that I need to go to the Mumbai consulate to "pick up" my visa.

A few questions:

1) If I leave USA now (April or May) can I get the stamping and pick up the visa from Mumbai and come back in May/June? If not, what is the earliest time I can come back to USA?

2) If I dont leave USA now and my grace period ends, and go to Mumbai consulate in say September. would it create any problems?

3) I have also applied for a change of status (F1 to F2). If I get my F2 approved, can I try for a change of status from F2 to H1 around may?

Thanks!

More Info

Can You give us more information, about the change of status. and Ragiv whats this change of status not approved. Does it happen to all people who have a gap of 60 or more days

Online case status

Hello,
can you please tell me when you checked your online status for your H1 application did they said anything about the approval/disapproval of the change of status.
Because when i check my status it is showing that the case is approved and approval notice was sent to you.But it didn't said any thing about change of status.

Again do we know about the change of status situation when we check the case status online. I would greately appreciate your response.
Thanks,
Sankar