H1 transfer - does petition validity date change??

scorpion78

Registered Users (C)
Friends,

I hold an existing H1 petition valid upto Oct, 2009. If I apply for H1 transfer to a new company, does the new H1 petition validity be same as my existing one i.e Oct 2009?? Or will it be issued for another 3 yrs valid starting from now?? What happens to existing I-94 validity?? Will they send me a new I-94 with a new validity date or same current I-94 date??

Thanks in advance,

Friends,

I hold an existing H1 petition valid upto Oct, 2009. If I apply for H1 transfer to a new company, does the new H1 petition validity be same as my existing one i.e Oct 2009??
---yes
Or will it be issued for another 3 yrs valid starting from now??
-------------------------------if you are eligible for 3 year extensions and the lawyer file LCA for 3 year and fill the form correctly and submit the evidence that you are eligible for 3 Year H1 extension and ask extension for 3 years
What happens to existing I-94 validity??
----------that is valid till Oct, 2009, if H1 extension is approved you get new extended I-94 attached with H1 extension approval notice till H1 extension
Will they send me a new I-94 with a new validity date or same current I-94 date??
-read above
Thanks in advance,
----------------