H1 Transfer and Travel

Balrog1978

Registered Users (C)
My H1 recently got transferred to my new company.
I want to travel to India.

Some basic questions :

1) I have a small I-94 at the bottom right of my transferred petition. Do I have to surrender this at the port of exit?
2) I ALSO have my I-94 at when I entered US last time - do I have to surrender that one too?
3) Do I need to get my passport stamped mandatorily with the transferred petition to obtain re-entry into US after my vacation? If not - what documents will i need to bring to show at port of entrywhen I return from my visit to India (ie if I HAVENT got my passport stamped with the transferred h1)?

Thanks

Looks like someone Answered my question : For other who may have the same question :-

Originally Posted by puja101 View Post
I have got my H1B transfer approval notice with new company.
Sinjce my H1B stamping on passport is valid till 2009 with former employer.Is it possible to travel on the old stamp ?
------------------YES
If yes what documents I need to carry with me and what should I say during immigration check if the officer raise the question of company. Please help.
----------------at POE show the valid visa stamp in passport AND H1 Transfer notice, you will get I-94 till H1 transfer approval notice validity, check your I-94 if any mistake point it to office (keep new employer letter and show only IF asked)

One quick related question : As part of my H1 Transfer I797, i have a small I-94 attached at the bottom right corner.. I also have my old I94 when I entered US. When leaving the country - which I94 do I need to surrender?

You need to surrender only the OLD I-94 that was pinned when you came to US last time. The I-797, you shouln;t surrender as that is you rnew one. You need to get stamping in India and while coming with the papers, at port of entry they will re-issue new I-94.

I hope this answer your Qs.