H1 to H4 Transfer

BANANTHAN

Myself and my wife are currently on valid H1-B visas. For my green card process, I recently applied for the I-485 and EAD cards for both through my employer.

My wife is looking to leave her current job and change to an H4 visa.

1) Will this affect our green card processing
2) When should the I-539 form be submitted to ensure she is on status
3) Can she quit before getting an approval for her H4

Thanks in advance,
Bananthan

Myself and my wife are currently on valid H1-B visas. For my green card process, I recently applied for the I-485 and EAD cards for both through my employer.

My wife is looking to leave her current job and change to an H4 visa.

1) Will this affect our green card processing
--------------------not because of filing H1 to H4 status
2) When should the I-539 form be submitted to ensure she is on status
------------she can file H1 to H4 Change of status any day before her I-94 gets expired
3) Can she quit before getting an approval for her H4
----------------- YES, make sure her H1 to H4 COS reach forms USCIS and she can quit once she gets H1 to H4 Cos filing reciept or the Form I-539 reach USCIS. she need to fill up form I-539, her valid I-94 Copy (front and Back) YOUR H1 based I-94 (front and back) copy of marriage certificate, correct fee check
Thanks in advance,
Bananthan

--------------------

few doubts

will there be any problem if she goes to india and try to get her H4 stamped. i hope the chennai embassy will ask for her husband's W-2 and paystubs only. will they verify her past status on H1?? if she has stayed here out of status will they reject her visa stamping.

If it is chennai US embassy, they verify all the non-sense,

will there be any problem if she goes to india and try to get her H4 stamped. i hope the chennai embassy will ask for her husband's W-2 and paystubs only. will they verify her past status on H1?? if she has stayed here out of status will they reject her visa stamping.