H1 to H4 any problems with GC

raja986

Registered Users (C)
GC in indian company worked for 4 months laid off converted to H4.Company willing to Continue GC Still in LC stage.Company small 5 employees.

Applied in H1 but laid off converted to H4.But company willing to continue GC.

What do you mean by H4 is not eligible for GC unless primary H1 applies.

If you are dependent H4 then the H1who you depend on is the person eligible for GC

H4 status by themselves are not eligible for GC. So your company that sponsored H1 before layoff cannot continue processing your GC as if nothing happened and you are still employed.

I second Whiz-kid opinion

H4 are not eligible for GC. your X-employer cannot continue process of your GC filed before your layoff.

I-20 expired in Dec 2001 but I was in schooll for full time all the semesters.. Am I still out of st

Dear Sir,

My I-20 Expired on dec 2001. I came to know that on 15thMay 2002. On 16th may,School advisor gave me new I-20 written "Continue study" but "replaced I-20"(Not extended I-20) having 12-31-2002 as "study completion date".(saying that because it is more then 60 days she cannot give me extended I-20) and advised me either for re instatement or Go to Canada or INdia and come back again. My visa expires in Aug 2003 (ON some websites I read that the visa gets void just because I forgot to make extension within 30 or 60 days period even if I was in school for spring 2002?)

I was fulltime enrolled in all the semesters. Just by forgetting to renew I-20 in 30 days can lead me to out of status even if I was in school and will be going to school again in fall( for 1 subject left).

If so, what do you suggest? what should I do now. I think it was my mistake but not any wrong intension. Is 180 days bar applicable in my case? what is the best step. My wife is also here with me.

I still do not understand what wrong I did?

Please help earlier if possible considering the urgency.

JKJ

If you are dependent H4 then the H1who you depend on is the person eligible for GC

hello Jim,

Is that true?