H1 not stamped in passport; I 140 approved; Need to get married to fiance back home, what to do?

SFBS

Registered Users (C)
Hello Everyone,
I am in a bit of a tough situation and need to find the right a legit way of getting this solved.
1)I have my H1 approved, but not stamped in my passport what is my best bet to get that done from Canada, Mexico or Pakistan?

2)My I140 has also been approved and I am waiting to file the i485 after I get married. My fiancŽe is in Pakistan and has a visitors visa. Is it advisable for her to come here, get married and then go back to Pakistan to apply for her H4 or no?

3) Do I need to have my H1 stamped in the passport before she can apply for hers?

4) What are my chances of getting my H1 stamped in Pakistan?

5) Does the government acknowledge marriages that take place over the phone?

6) What is my best option to do this with the least amount of hassle?

Please advice,
Farhan

I am in the same boat as you

Farhan,
I am in the same boat as you. My fiancee is also in Pakistan and we wish to get married. I am on a H1 visa.
What I heard was that they are not accepting appointments in Canada and Mexico for some countries which includes Pakistan. And if you go to pakistan, you will have have to wait for 3 weeks before you get visa. "Does the government acknowledge marriages that take place over the phone? ". That might not be legal so be careful. I wish life was that simple but we do have to go through the process. Please let me know if you hear anything new.
Thanks,

astonishr

Please advice,
Farhan