H1/H4 Visa Stamping

gcman9

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I am working in the USA for almost nine years now. I have my I-485 application pending and my I-140 is already approved. I have H1B approval for three more years (Till 2010). My wife could not file her I-485 on time before retrogression and is on H4 status now. She also has her approval till 2010.

We are planning to go to India around August or September. I know, my wife must go to Consulate to get her Visa stamped before entering into the USA. My questions are

1. Visa stamping in my passport was expired in 2003. Do I have to get Visa Stamped in India or Can I use my Advanced Parole?

2. If I use the Advanced Parole to enter into the USA, then will my H1B status become Invalid? it is very important to keep my H1B status valid for my wife's H4 status.

3. Will it be a problem to my wife's visa stamping, if I don't have visa stamping in my passport?

4. Just three weeks back my company merged with another company and the Company name got changed. Will it create any problem in the H4 visa stamping? (my H1B approval has old company name). Is it OK to have some documents related to that for stamping?

5. My wife's I-94 number in her H4 approval is not correct. Instead of '7', it has '4'. How to correct this?

Thanks,
gcman9

Hi,
I am working in the USA for almost nine years now. I have my I-485 application pending and my I-140 is already approved. I have H1B approval for three more years (Till 2010). My wife could not file her I-485 on time before retrogression and is on H4 status now. She also has her approval till 2010.

We are planning to go to India around August or September. I know, my wife must go to Consulate to get her Visa stamped before entering into the USA. My questions are

1. Visa stamping in my passport was expired in 2003. Do I have to get Visa Stamped in India or Can I use my Advanced Parole?
--------------better get H1 visa stamped and if any problem you can use AP
2. If I use the Advanced Parole to enter into the USA, then will my H1B status become Invalid? it is very important to keep my H1B status valid for my wife's H4 status.
------------one can enter on AP and will be on H1 status if working for the same employer who filed latest H1. I will get H1 visa stamped and enter with H1 visa stamp
3. Will it be a problem to my wife's visa stamping, if I don't have visa stamping in my passport?
---------------NO, better get your H1 stamping done
4. Just three weeks back my company merged with another company and the Company name got changed. Will it create any problem in the H4 visa stamping? (my H1B approval has old company name). Is it OK to have some documents related to that for stamping?
--------------keep the documents with you and show only if asked
5. My wife's I-94 number in her H4 approval is not correct. Instead of '7', it has '4'. How to correct this?
-------------- The I-94 nomber may be written wrong on H4 extension form by lawyer or it can be mistake if USCIS and the I-94 # is not a problem.she is going to give that I-94 before she goes out and will get new I-94 when enter(better keep copy of ALL the I-94 front and back and also copy of H4 extension front and Back for her records for future)
Thanks,
gcman9

---------------