H1 ext. Premium processing

rajks2

Hi,

Thanks for looking at my post.

Here is my situation. H1b ext. is applied in July 1st week, no receipt as of now, h1b expiring on Oct first week.

While not knowing status of the case, Can I apply extension in premium processing? Can two petition filed for an extension? Or do I have any other choice?

Regards,
Raj

I think, you can convert your existing case to premium processing. Ask your lawyer.

If you have applied on July, its a lot of time. Did you contact USCIS? Whats their response?

Last edited by a moderator:
you mentioned you DID not receive receipt of the application? If you have the receipt number then your status is fine even if your current H1 expires. Also using the receipt number you can convert existing case to premium processing. However if you do not have receipt number then you should get in touch with your attorney ASAP. I think the cleared check carries the receipt number as well, so if the check/money order is traceable then they can get the receipt number from there.
Cheers and hope this helps.
Rajesh.

As far as I know (and this is what I have been told by my lawyer).
If you file for your extention and get a receipt notice (which basically mean they got your paperwork and they are/or will be working on it) then you are OK to continue working for 180 days past your current H1-B expiration date.

Re: H1 ext. Premium processing Informations

Process expedite premium H1B visa will cost you 1000 dollars. Should you throw a grand or not? Well, people say time is money, if you can use money to buy time, why not? While you are still waiting for your H1B visa result, have you ever thought that you might not get it? If you are in OPT, you are wasting time waiting for the H1B which is not approved. It might takes months and you are suppose to use those precious time to find another job. I personally used premium process H1B visa and I knew that I did not waste anytime if my H1B did not go though. It takes me two weeks to know the result. I know all my friends who did not process premium are very anxious that period of time. If you can afford it, pay it , it makes you sleep better.

----------------------------------------
Bobwilliams
Vermont Drug Treatment

vermont is soooo slow. My h1b renewal submitted in May is still pending. there was ofcourse and RFE and I responded to it.they seems sleeping.

vermont is soooo slow. My h1b renewal submitted in May is still pending. there was ofcourse and RFE and I responded to it.they seems sleeping.

If there was an RFE and you provided a response, you will have to count the date when USCIS received your RFE response as the "Receipt Date" of your H-1B petition. If the new "Receipt Date" is within processing timelines and if you filed for premium processing, your attorney can e-mail Vermont and they are usually very good in providing a timely response.

Vermont is also generally accurate with their processing timelines, especially with premium processing applications. When it comes to regular H-1Bs, please note that each case is different and when you add new H-1Bs filed during FY 2008 quota into the mix, the processing might have got slowed down a bit.