H1-B Transfer- When Can I Start Working

H1-B Applicant

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I am currently working for company A. Company B has applied for H1- B transfer, Non- PP at Vermont 10 days back and I have got no receipt number as yet.

Company B says that I can start working with them as soon as they get receipt number. Is it ok to start working for new employer before final approval?

If I change to Premium Processing now will it speed the process?

Thanks!

there's something called portability- you can work for the new company as soon as you get the receipt notice.
I would advise you to do PP becasue otherwise it takes 2-3 months.

They have already filed it the regular way and are saying that the receipt no. will come in a few weeks before that they cannot upgrade it to premium processing.

They are asking me to quit my curent job and start working for them based on the fedex confirmation. Is it ok to do that?

Thanks,
Keerti

not sure what you mean by fedex confirmation. You must have the receipt notice from USCIS (the EAC#) before starting work in the new company.

Hii ,

i am also in same situation.
My new employer is telling me that my H-1 transfer petition was filed and received by USCIS on august 5th 2008.I haven`t received any EAC# yet . would it be safe to resign at current employer ,if my new employer is pushing me to start as soon as possible [ they say that as per AC21 I may begin my employment with new compny].
please elaborate.
thanks

Good Morning Sir,

I came across your email id from forums and thought of shooting a mail. I have query regarding H1-Transfer

1) I hold H1B for compnay XYZ.
2) XYZ was not able to get me job for three months
3) Without the knowledge of XYZ I got a full time offer at PQR, XYZ denied to give me paystubs.
4) PQR said he can manage the H1 Transfer without paystubs. So he filed for H1 transfer
5) I was told that for H1 Transfer it would take minimum 2-3 weeks for processing
6) Now ABC was able to find a job for me.

Questions.

1) If my H1-transfer gets a query, denied. Can I withdraw the H1-Transfer
2) If my H1-transfer gets approved, will my first employer XYZ take any action against me, can he cancel my H1.
3) If my H1-transfers gets approved, can I still work for XYZ company.

Appreciate if you can answer my queries...

Thanks,
Ramesh

To RUMMY008

Ramesh,

Questions.

1) If my H1-transfer gets a query, denied. Can I withdraw the H1-Transfer
For Query, employer PQR can either respond or just keep quite. If PQR does not respond by the date given by USCIS, H1B application will automatically be denied.

If Denied, you or PQR do not need to do anything.

2) If my H1-transfer gets approved, will my first employer XYZ take any action against me, can he cancel my H1.
If the H1B gets approved, XYZ will not know anything about it. If you leave XYZ, then depending on your terms with them, they can take action.

3) If my H1-transfers gets approved, can I still work for XYZ company.
You can work for XYZ as long as you want even if PQR's H1B gets RFEd or Denied or Approved.

You can only start working for a company when they receive the Actual Receipt Notice from the USCIS. FedEX Tracking Info is not enough.

Ask the company to provide a copy of the Receipt Notice to start working.