H1-B / H1-B extension approvals

shya2001

Registered Users (C)
I would like to start a tracker for the H1-B/H1-B extension approvals for the Nebraska Center. Could users please cooperate and share their details.

My extension was received by INS - Nebraska on the 24th of December. Still waiting. Any posts greatly appreciated.

You should get an approval by now. I filed mine on November 14th and I have received the hard copy. Go to INS online tracking system and enter your LIN # you should get an update. They are already processing January cases. Good luck.

IBK

Hi Ibukun,

Thanks for the response. Mine is not approved yet. Where did you
see that they are doing Jan cases. I went to shusterman.com website they are actually processing cases received on 10/25/02
for H1B. There is an error in HTML table for this row. Two categories have come in one row.

Thanks

Need help H1B extension

My H1 visa will expire in may what do I need to apply for extension. What documents to file and the fee to file? do I have to go through the same process as the first H1 visa request?

Regards,

Hi wwossen

All I did was speak to my lawyer and he called my present company to get my work details. I also filled in a form which he gave me. You should also provide a latest copy of your resume.
Hope this helps. Please do this ASAP since approvals are taking quite a bit of time. However you can continue working as long as you have filed and got a LIN number before the current H1 expires (this is what I understand, anyway clarify with your lawyer as well).

I applied for my 7th year extension in the last week of Jan 01/28/03. looks like it is taking anywhere from 4~5 months.another line to stand in ! ! ! ! :)

H1-B Receipt

I have applied my H1 extension and received receipt from INS Nebraska with receipt date is 01/06/2003. My current H1 is going to be expire on March 13, 2003.

Guys post your information .

Thanks,

Dax

H1-B extension approved

My extension got approved on Feb. 25. Waiting for hard copy. Received date 12/24/2002. Good luck for those waiting.

Hi
My H1B extension got applied to Nebraska Center on Feb 15th,2004. DOes anyone know how long it takes to get its approval.

Thanks

rajendar
i applied for my H1 transfer in Feb 04 too.
my receipt date is feb 11th 2004.
notice says 30-120 days.
do keep posting ont his forum please!
anyone else who applied for H1 transfer off-late?
Rox

linuxrox/ rrajendr

My Extn was applied on 1/2/2004 and receipt date is 01/06/2004, still waiting...

Now a days it is taking around 3 months... I am hoping mine will be approved before this month end

thomas
somethings fishy ..one month and no recepit notice?
mine was filed on 10th and received the notice on 17th.

ashakthi:
do keep us posted once you get the approval notice.

mine is a transfer ..so it is not subject to H1B cap.
While yours being new is subject to H1 cap, and hence you will receive the receipt notice only after April 1, and will be processed after Oct 1.
Hope you are in status till then!! Do you have an OPT or something ?

H1 extension query

Hi,
I am currently on H1B visa and my wife is on H4. She has recently gone to India.
The current visa stamped on her (and mine too) passport id valid upto May14 2004.
My six years on H1 are completing in Nov 2004. The company has applied for both H1 and H4 extensions (upto Nov 2004).

She is planning to return on May 04 2004. Will there be a problem in her re-entering USA. (as only few days are left in the visa stamp)

Also, will we be out of status in the period our visa (and I-94) had expired, and extension has not yet been approved ??

thanks
-Vikas

H1-B Extension Approved

My 7th Year H-1B Extension has been approved.

RD: 01/07/04
AD: 03/10/04

Filed@NSC; Normal Processing (No Premium)

H1 B Extension Approved

Just checked the online status and its approved.
What a wait!

Notice Date : 12/06/2003
Approval Date: 3/12/2003

extension H1 approved

receipt date: Feb 11th 2004.
Approval date: March 31 2004.
The INS tracker site is not updated yet, my attorney faxed me the H1 approval notice.

--thanks

Fast approval for H1B extension

Hi everyone. My H1b extension petition was received at NSC on 3/26, my notice date was 3/29, and according to the online case status site, an approval notice was sent on 4/12. That's about 2.5 weeks!