H1-B Application Returned

tom_ahuja

Registered Users (C)
Rajiv,
I have this usual situation. I application was recieved by INS on the morning of Feb 17, 2004 (I have the proof) and they put a LIN number on the aplication and also endorsed the checked I sent for the premium processing.
I recieved my application back and the strange thing I noticed is that..the application was stamped with "recived feb 17th" and at one place it was overwritten with pen Feb 18 and when i check my status for the LIN number, it says recieved on Feb 18th and will be processed in 10-15 days.
In actual it was recieved on Feb 17 before the end of the business day.
What am I suppose to do now?

Regards

Originally posted by tom_ahuja
Rajiv,
I have this usual situation. I application was recieved by INS on the morning of Feb 17, 2004 (I have the proof) and they put a LIN number on the aplication and also endorsed the checked I sent for the premium processing.
I recieved my application back and the strange thing I noticed is that..the application was stamped with "recived feb 17th" and at one place it was overwritten with pen Feb 18 and when i check my status for the LIN number, it says recieved on Feb 18th and will be processed in 10-15 days.
In actual it was recieved on Feb 17 before the end of the business day.
What am I suppose to do now?

Regards

Start by calling their general info line. Report back here what they say. Let us see if we can figure this out.

Re: Re: H1-B Application Returned

Originally posted by operations
Start by calling their general info line. Report back here what they say. Let us see if we can figure this out.

Mr. Khanna,
I checked my application that came back. It states that my application was send back because it was recieved after they reached the "numerical limit" of the applications they were expecting. I have people whos applications were recieved on the same day, Feb 17, 2004, and they were given the approval.
I don't know what to do...seems like its an unusual situation. They should have known..that numerical limit has been reached before giving my application a LIN number.
I talked to one of the officers in CIS and he said if I go back and apply for the H1-B in April 2004, it might get rejected again because they may not have visas to give.
I don't know how it works though but I am hearing that lot of people would be applying for the H1-B in April. Would they get their approvals soon or how its gonna be?
Is there is anything that could be done here ? When would it be best for me to apply for my H1-B again.
My OPT expires in June.

Thanks for you assistance in all regards.

Re: Re: Re: H1-B Application Returned

Mr. Khanna,
I checked my application that came back. It states that my application was send back because it was recieved after they reached the "numerical limit" of the applications they were expecting. I have people whos applications were recieved on the same day, Feb 17, 2004, and they were given the approval.
I don't know what to do...seems like its an unusual situation. They should have known..that numerical limit has been reached before giving my application a LIN number.
I talked to one of the officers in CIS and he said if I go back and apply for the H1-B in April 2004, it might get rejected again because they may not have visas to give.
I don't know how it works though but I am hearing that lot of people would be applying for the H1-B in April. Would they get their approvals soon or how its gonna be?
Is there is anything that could be done here ? When would it be best for me to apply for my H1-B again.
My OPT expires in June.

Thanks for you assistance in all regards.

Call me, through Rena Day, extension 102.

Mr. Khanna,
Thanks for assistance and I appreciate the efforts of your Law office in helping your people.
I happen to talk to Rena Day today and she suggested me to go for B1 to maintain my status and once I get my H1-B approved and reach my begin date say Oct. 1, 2004 I can withdraw my application for B1 and continue my H1 status.
Now since my OPT ends in June and considering that I submit my application for H1-B in April and awaits the decision on my application.
Should I consider applying for B1 in June (before the end of OPT) and wait for the decision and assuming it take few months for the decision, I can still stay legally while I awaits the decision and I hope its goes beyond few months !
I understand that there have been lots of ifs and buts but all I am trying to do is just be careful and prepare for alternatives to avoid the grey period of 3-4 months.

Regards
Ahuja

Call Rena and tell her you want to speak with me.

Mr. Khanna,
Thanks for assistance and I appreciate the efforts of your Law office in helping your people.
I happen to talk to Rena Day today and she suggested me to go for B1 to maintain my status and once I get my H1-B approved and reach my begin date say Oct. 1, 2004 I can withdraw my application for B1 and continue my H1 status.
Now since my OPT ends in June and considering that I submit my application for H1-B in April and awaits the decision on my application.
Should I consider applying for B1 in June (before the end of OPT) and wait for the decision and assuming it take few months for the decision, I can still stay legally while I awaits the decision and I hope its goes beyond few months !
I understand that there have been lots of ifs and buts but all I am trying to do is just be careful and prepare for alternatives to avoid the grey period of 3-4 months.

Regards
Ahuja

Let us talk about this a bit.