H1 approval taking too long

ambikadadwal

Hi All,

I got my fresh H1 filed on 28th September 2004, and it is still not approved YET. It was filed at NEBRASKA. Can anyone suggest we how much is NEBRASKA Service center behind the schedule and when can be the tentative dates about the approval of the same ?

Regards,
AmbikaDadwal

Nebraska is still processing August and they won't get to your H1 for at least a month. I've been waiting over six months for mine.

Pay for premium processing if you need it faster.

Approved Jan 18th 2004

FYI: My friends H1 has just got approved.
Rceived date : Sep 20 2004
Approved date: Jan 18th 2004
Processing Center : NSC

So 28th Sept for Ambika should be close

Rceived date : Sep 20 2004
Approved date: Jan 18th 2004

Is it 04 or 2005

If its 05 pls share when u get your approval. Mine was applied on Sep 29 2004. So I could very well anticipate if I know yours.

Bye
George

H1b extension
i-539 for say H canditates's dependent , i-129 for H canditates

Last edited by a moderator:
If Extension takes 6 months, How will we renew Driving Licence?

If renewal is not approved by I-94 expiry date, DL will also expire.

That means last 6 months you can not go out of this country.

Website wordings

Hi AM4GC,
I think, the website wordings are correct. For H1B extention timing , you need to check the timings of I-129 . For H1-B dependent extention petition, you need to check I-539. Correct me, If i am wrong.

AM4GC said:
Website languages is bad, it should say H and its dependent , it is saying H and L depandents

H4 to H1

Hi
I applied for H4 to H1 on Aug 27. I have not heard anything yet. The online status is the same. Is there any one with me with arround the same time waiting for H1.
If RFE is issued does the online status change..??

Thanks

gcseeker78 said:
Hi AM4GC,
I think, the website wordings are correct. For H1B extention timing , you need to check the timings of I-129 . For H1-B dependent extention petition, you need to check I-539. Correct me, If i am wrong.

gcseeker78,
You are right. I understood later.

H4 to H1 - requesting additional evidence

My receipt date for H1B is Sep 15, 2004. On Feb 2, 2005 they have updated the USCIS site with status as "requesting additional evidence or information ". Any idea what could this be for H4 to H1 transfer. Do you recommend calling up USCIS customer support and talking to them. Will calling be risky or is it best left to the lawyer to handle? Please advise.

Please Apply Premimum, its pretty cool

All,
Average time for Nebraska service center is more than 4 months.
Why not to try for Premium one then?

I had a driving license isssue so I applied for premium even I had 2 months before original H1B was expiring. Got it approved within week.
Also you can make your case premium at any time after you applied under regular processing.

thanks
pw