H1 and H4 visa extension

AISHWARRYA

Registered Users (C)
My H1B and my family H4 are submitted on July 15-04. But still my case is in pending status.

Questions.

1) If my H1 is approved will my family H4 will get approved at the same time or will H4 take some more time to get approved.

2) My present visa expires on Feb 04-05. If both visas are not approved before Feb 04 what will be our position. My childern are studying in school. What should we do.

ThanKs
Aishwarrya.

1) Usually H4 gets approved at the same time as the H1 gets approved (if not it may take a couple of days to get approved).

2) Nothing happens to your family if your new H1 does not get approved by Feb 05 (assuming that they are still processing your application), because you have already applied for the extension and waiting for the documents.

It shouldn't take thtat long for h1 exrension, not sure from where you applied, one of my friend who applied from NJ in sep 04 got approved recently.

I am in the same situation - applied H1 extension July 16th thru Nebraska service center. The USCIS processing time report of Dec 17th claims Nebraska are processing July 30th.

In the next two weeks or so USCIS will put out a new report. If the processing date moves 30 days past your application date (i.e. Aug 16 for me), then your attorney can call USCIS and ask them what the problem is.

I wouldn't worry about it too much. It's pretty cold in Nebraska in winter. Maybe they slow down a bit. :D

H1-B extension Problem

My H1-B/H4-B Extension filed on OCt 26, 2004. Looks like Nebraska Processing case for 8/11.
I have situation here,Our current H1-Band H4-B visa expires on Feb5, 2005.

Initially , I planned that Visa extension will by FEB 2005. SO, My wife can get visa stamp from Mumabi Consulate in INDIA. Her return tickets are booked for March 26.

Looking at current processsing time, its hard to get H1-B Extension approved by end of march. Can someone tell from Exp, Will I be okay to get approval in time?
Please share your exp.

We have two option
1) Either I can call back in USA before her visa expires
2) have to wait for approval and Change Traveling dates in April 05.

I have been waiting six months for my extension, filed in July. If I was you I would pay for premium processing, or change your travel plans.

However, you can keep working and your wife can remain in the US while the extension is being processed, beyond Feb 05. It's not clear from your message if you are in the US or not?

Yes, I am in USA and Extension is filed for myself only.
Initially I planned that , I will get extension by JAN-FEB end and she will go for h4 Visa in March and come back by March 26.

Thanks for your answer. Now if you can answer this will be greatly appreciated.

Our Visa( myself and wife) stamp expire on 10 FEB 05.If I plan to call her before 10th FEB 05 do you think At time of landing there will be some problem?
Becasue Only 2-3 days would be remaining at time of her landing.

I will immediately file for her Extension also, but do you think, at port of entry there would be any problem?
Or I can pay some $1200 for Preminum processing and keep same travel plan.

What should you suggest?

I am not an attorney, but personally I wouldn't risk trying to get your wife in with only a few days left on the visa. File for premium processing ASAP.

H1-B extension Timing

Hi! Can Anyone post H1-B Extension timing. Like Receipt date and Approval date etc.

Based on these dates I have to take some decisions.
Thanks

nileshpatel11 said:
Yes, I am in USA and Extension is filed for myself only.
Initially I planned that , I will get extension by JAN-FEB end and she will go for h4 Visa in March and come back by March 26.

Thanks for your answer. Now if you can answer this will be greatly appreciated.

Our Visa( myself and wife) stamp expire on 10 FEB 05.If I plan to call her before 10th FEB 05 do you think At time of landing there will be some problem?
Becasue Only 2-3 days would be remaining at time of her landing. ----------
Actually my wife came back with a week left on her visa. The thing is the I-94 it will be issued till the date on the I-797 approval notice which she is carrying. As long as the visa is valid then it is okay for her to come back. They will not stop her because of that at POE.

I will immediately file for her Extension also, but do you think, at port of entry there would be any problem?
Or I can pay some $1200 for Preminum processing and keep same travel plan.

What should you suggest?

AM4GC said:
h1b Extension in nebraska 14 August (i-539)
Did you got h1-B approval? Or still waiting for it?

NSC processing case for AUG 12. based on this dates Can you please update this forum when you receive your H1-B approval.

I wants some real estimate time for h1-B Approval. If you read some previous post , you will know in which situation am I.

Thanks.....

My h1b will expire in July 2005. I still have about 2 years left on my H visa. Can I file for extension on my own or does this need to be done by the lawyer. Please advise the procedure.

Thanks.

gcin05 said:
My h1b will expire in July 2005. I still have about 2 years left on my H visa. Can I file for extension on my own or does this need to be done by the lawyer. Please advise the procedure.

Thanks.

You can file your own, but consult with your company.
I advise for h1-B extension file thru Lawyer. YOu can file h4 your own without any problem.