H revalidation question

raveli

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I am confused about the following :

1) Question #29 on the form DS-156 - "Have you ever been refused a visa? - when? where? "
In 1994 when I applied for an F-1 in India I was refused - randomly I would say. I re-applied in 1995 and was successful mainly because I got a tuition waiver.
Should I mention yes to the above question? - because this was before I came to the US. Is it necessary to include a letter of explanation?

2) Question #31 on form DS-156 - "Has anyone ever filed an immigrant visa petition on your behalf?"
My answer is going to be yes since I have filed I-485. Is this in any way harmful to my H visa revalidation application?

3) Regarding original I-94 - there are two parts for the I-94 - one of which says "for your personal records". Should I send this along with my passport or is it the other half that I need to send?

4) I am planning to include a copy of all my past F-1 and H-1 approval notices along with my application for H visa revalidation - just to show that I have always been in status while I have been in the US - is this a good idea?
Thanks

Revalidation DS156 is not grounds for rejection

However to your Qs
1) Tell the truth. Add a letter that describes all your visa applications, rejections and approvals.

2) Say yes. Will not definitely hurt.

3) Keep the half (quarter?) that gives info on SRC and I94 number, send the H1 + I94 along with passport.

4) No big reason why you should send it and no good reason why you should not send it. Your call. INS can track your records if they want to.

No Title

The formula here is, give them as much info possible as long as it supports what you say.

Revalidation H-1B in DOS

Does anyone receive recently passport from H-1 visa revalidation? How long it takes now?

Telling the truth is better

1) Even though you were out of the country, they can check your previous records to know if you\'re lying. Don\'t take any chances. Misrepresenting your information can lead to deportation.

2) I\'ve checked yes a couple of times and got my passport revalidated without any problems. For H-1 visa holders, it is expected that we may apply for green card.