H-1B for Canadian Landed Immigrants

Nasir Hussian

I am a landed Canadian immigrant for more than two years now, I recently received H-1B approval petition but it says Islamabad, Pakistan Consulate. Company lawyers have mailed me the petition in Canada.

1) Can I still apply for U.S. Visa on a Pakistani Passport from Canada?

2) Or Can we work based on the approved petition only, without a visa.

No need a visa stamp

Being a canadian landed immigrant u do not need a visa sticker on the passport... just present H1B paper (Approval notice) original bottom part with a full H1B copy (if u dont receive the H1B in original) with original canadian landing paper, to the INS officer at the port of entry and they will stamp your passport and and will allow u to enter the USA.

Do I need visa to reenter, if I visit Canda with valid H-1B status?

My current status is H-1B in US. I like to visit Canada by driving through the border for only couple of days. Usually, I don\'t need visa to come back. But I am confused with the new law.
Anybody can tell me if I need a visa to come back. By the way, I am also a landed Canadian immigrant.
Thanks,

Canandian landed immigrant, working on H-1 in USA, now transferring H-1 to another company which wil

This is a real complicated one. I am a landed immigrant of Canada, and have been working in the U.S for 5 years. I will be accepting a job out of Canada that would have potential consulting clients in US. My payroll will be out of Canada but I will be working in the U.S quite a bit, for that I presume, that I would have to transfer my H-1. The company that I would be working for has offices in every major city of the U.S. Now the questions are.
1) Do I need to file/ transfer my current H-1 to work for the Canadian company in the U.S?
2) I may not be working full time in the U.S. but definitely 6 months of the year - on and off.
3) Can I travel back and forth between Canada and U.S. only on the H-1 approval notice? (Before the actual i-797 is received.

Thanks for your help.