H-1B 7th yr Visa extension??

US_Dreamz

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I've filed for my 7th yr H-1b visa extension on June 18, 2004 in regular processing category. My current H-1b is expiring at end Aug 2004. But I've filed 485 last yr and have EAD and AP in hand.
I just wanted to keep the H-1 as a back up.

As per online message it says it will take 30 to 120 days.

I was just wondering if anyone here has filed for H-1 extension recently and has been approved. How long did it take?

Thanks,

Have faith...Keep hopes alive!!

Dreamz,
I have filed my 7th Year extension on Apr 28 2004 and I am still waiting for the approval....

H1b

I want to file for H1B extension, my h1b expires Oct first week.

I want to file on my own -- is that ok?
What are the step involved in getting the extension.
( The extension is for next 3 months -- thats when I complete the 6 years)

Thanks
KM

US_Dreamz said:
Hi,

I've filed for my 7th yr H-1b visa extension on June 18, 2004 in regular processing category. My current H-1b is expiring at end Aug 2004. But I've filed 485 last yr and have EAD and AP in hand.

I was just wondering if anyone here has filed for H-1 extension recently and has been approved. How long did it take?

Thanks,

Do you have any news from NSC for your extension?

Hi Guys,

While my labor is pending with Chicago, my 6 year H1b is coming to a close in Feb, 05. Needless to say my labor (like most everybody else) has been pending for more than 20 months, between Michigan and Chicago.

My lawyer is getting ready to file for the H1B extention. It looks like that a wage determination survey has to be filed along with it. My problem is that the agency which did the wage survey, when the original H1B application was filed, is no longer doing any survey. My questions are

1. Do we need the wage determination survey for the 7th year extention?
2. What are the Michigan recognaized agencies who specialize in wage determination for the non IT sector?
3. Can we have the original survey that was used for the original H1B application(Feb, 02) ?

Thanks in advance for your help

Higcoptimist

H-1 7th yr. extension - approved

US_Dreamz said:
Hi,

Thanks,

Well, my H-1 was approved yesterday from NSC as per online status.
It took 3 months 10 days for it to be approved. Meanwhile my 485 is pending for last 16 months with NSC.
Let's see when that gets approved... :confused:

LIN04, any update on your side?

higcoptimist, I haven't heard about the wage determination survey. I don't think I did that when I applied for my 7th yr. extension in June 04.