H-1 stataus approved beyond 6 years!!!!!

saa

Registered Users (C)
I recently applied for H-1 transfer to join a new employer and was surprised to find that the H-1 status was extended till May 2004,which is way beyond my 6 years limit. I am close to my 6 years limit, and LC is applied for but it will a while this is approved. I am eligible for 245i benefit but not for 7th year H-1 extension.
If I choose to use my h-1 status granted by INS (though beyond 6 years), what are the possible problems I will face?
I know deportation is possible, but unlikely because INS themselves have my status untill May 2004 as a part of their record.

No Title

Even a highly-efficient and well-run organization, such as the INS, makes mistakes! (There is no way that I can say that with a straight face!) One is, however, not allowed to capitalize on these mistakes. When your 6 years are up, the visa ceases to be valid, even if it is supposedly valid until May 2004. If you behave as if it is valid, you will be committing immigration fraud and since there is no statute of limitations on this kind of fraud, the INS can throw the book at you even if they discover their error and yours years from now.