H-1 revalidation tracker in St.Louis/Washington

DOS works half day on wednesday

DOS works half day on wednesday
When you call 202-663-1225 listen completely without hurrying to select options you will know the timings for wednesday

Good luck
hyd2002

1 more week....

Spoke to DOS........ wait time was 55 minutes :(

St.Louis RD Feb 11 2003
DC System Date Feb 21 2003
Currently processing DC System Dates Feb 15 to Feb 21 2003.

Should be receiving within a week.

Hope this info and wait time of almost an hour helps u all....

Thanks,
Sankaran

My application rejected saying following:
"We do not hold visa applications or files. Please resubmit all supporting documents in one complete package. You must include a new, completed and signed DS-156 with photograph and DS-157 when you resubmit the complete application package. Your must use the February 2003 version of the DS-156 (containing a box for a barcode), found at www.travel.state.gov. You must also provide a self addressed stamped envelope or prepaid courier airbill and courier envelope for return of your documents.

What does this mean? Is this because of DS-156 format change? When I submited my application new format was not available. I took prinout from website on previous of my application.
They didn't send back DS-156 or DS-157 or Money orders.

If anybody experienced this please help me to understand what they mean with this.

Thanks,

VJ

Hello UVmenon,
I think that is the standard wordings of temporary rejection. You might have been provided the list of documents to resubmit. They usually do not return the DS-156/7 and the money orders. They should have told you the address of Washington DC where you should resend the total package again. Resubmission would most probably be dealt with in a couple of weeks. It most probably is due to the requirement of the new form DS-156; but I totally agree with you that the time that we applied the new form was not on their website...The status of my application, most probably is running into the same fate...the dates of your application and mine are close together...and I should hear from them within a few more days...

Thanks for your help. I cannot resend my application to DC as I need to travel to India next week. Do I need to show this 221(g) rejection while applying at Chennai. What will be implication if we don't put this rejection, or is this rejection will create problems at chennai?. They already stamped "Cancelled without prejudice" on my existing visa..

Thanks,

Vijay

I think you should add this 221g document when you apply at Chennai, as anyway they have all the info in their system and moreover they have marked on the old visa. If this was indeed due to the requirement of the new form DS-156 then you should not have a problem in getting your visa stamped there. Best of luck in your endeavor. Meanwhile I wait for my outcome.

ATTN : UVMENON

Hi Uvmenon,

I'm also in the same situation. I sent mine on 2/26/03 with the old form. I guess they released the new on March 1'st. I'll be withdrawing my appl. next week, and getting it stamped in Chennai in June 2'nd week along with my wife's H4. Please let us know how it goes in Chennai stamping.

Thanks,
Bal

Hi guys,

I have sent my passport to stlouis on feb4th & rd is 5thfeb
when can i expect my passport?

Thank alot
sri

Revalidation

Hello Srin99999,

Did you find the date when DC received your passport?.

they say they are processing the DC received dates from 15 - 21.

If your received date falls in between these dates, then you may receive in next couple of days. Its Better you call DC and find out about your status.

Last edited by a moderator:
Visa stamped

Hi All,

I had sent my passport to St Louis on Feb 7th and reached there on Feb 10th. I received my passport stamped today. Visa stamped on May 2nd. I do not know any other dates as I never called them. Thanks for all the information on this board.

Good luck
:)

Today's date

Hi,Talked with DOS office today (wait time 25min). Today they are processing the 24th Feb (DC recd dt) cases. It will take one week if the DC date is 24th.
Good Luck (including me - My DC date 24th Feb, St louis dt: 10 Feb).
Chandru

Re: Visa stamped

gcinfinite, did you file for revalidation using the new DS-156 form (the one with space for barcode) Thanks

Originally posted by gcinfinite
Hi All,

I had sent my passport to St Louis on Feb 7th and reached there on Feb 10th. I received my passport stamped today. Visa stamped on May 2nd. I do not know any other dates as I never called them. Thanks for all the information on this board.

Good luck
:)

Hi guys,

I called DOS(waiting time 58min).My pp details sd feb 4th//rd feb 5th//pd 14thfeb.They said i may recieve my passport at any time

best of luck guys
sri

DS-156

What about you sri99999, did you send the new DS-156 form ? I sent my ppt 12th Feb, DC date 2/24. But I sent with the old form (prior to Feb 2003, no barcode space). Lets see what happens :(

Hi thomman,

No, I had applied with old DS-156. The new form came some where in the end of February. I think you should wait for a few days and you will receive your passport soon.

Thanks gcinfinite, appreciate it. I should get my ppt soon. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Originally posted by gcinfinite
Hi thomman,

No, I had applied with old DS-156. The new form came some where in the end of February. I think you should wait for a few days and you will receive your passport soon.

DID ANY BODY FROM PAKISTAN OR FRM ANY MUSLIM COUNTRY GET THE VISA

HELLO

I AM FROM PAKISTAN AND I WANT TO SEND MY AND MY WIFE PASSPORT FOR VISA REVALIDATIONS

IS THERE ANY BODY HERE FROM PAKISTAN OR FROM ANY OTHER MUSLIM COUNTRY WHO HAS RECENTLY GOT THE VISA FROM ST LIOUS

I HAVE HEARED THAT THEY ARE NOT ISSUING VISA TO MUSLIM COUNTRIES CITIZEN FRM ST LIOUS .

THKS A LOT