Guys who got Magic Emails

You have company in this sinking boat...

GC_WOES,

You may be one of the earlier applicants but you are certainly not the only one. I have become so numb with this process that I don't know how to react anymore. I have tried unsuccessfully to get updates from NSC, NBC etc. but all I get is a generic "don't know" or wait little longer" messages.

To make matters worse, USCIS sent me a fake letter (in response to a Service Request query for status after becoming current in June) that states that my card is under processing and that I should receive it within a month. It has been more than a month and my lawyer confirms that I can trash that letter as it means NOTHING. It is just a distraction and a strategy for them to not be bugged by you for one whole month. If you do another enquiry, they will make a similar promise and ask you NOT to call for 30-45 days. AAARGGGH!!!

It's not that I'm not happy to see other people with PD's many years after mine get approved. But as I have said in another post, it is like two ppl. coming to the doctor with the same ailment for a surgery. And while you scheduled your surgery three months in advance, another guy walks in three days before your date and steals your spot. He didn't mean to, but the doctor messed it up big time. Frustration is a mild term to describe the situation and I try not to dwell on it too much as it is only counter-productive.

On a more sombre note, I have come to believe that if LUCK is such a big factor, and I am not lucky on this GC issue, then how in the world will I get it on time, or even get it in the future. Sometimes, some things are just not meant to be. As far as patience goes, I have been telling other posters to be patient. But even that has its limits.

With a PD of August 2001, EB3 and RD of I-485 from July 2003, with interview in June 2005, the last LUD for me that has not changed ever is March 2005. Now, SR queries don't yield any results. NSC has no number to call. INFOPASS has not helped as they ask to wait few more months. Now, August bulletin has already become unavailable. It is a total DEADEND for me.

I do appreciate that this forum allows us to vent a little and feel compassion for other sufferers. After such unspeakable white collar torture, one can't help but get some vicious ideas of payback sometimes.

Labor PD: August 2001
I-485: July 2003
LUD: March 2005
Zero LUD's, countless AP's, EAD's, and lawyer fees

I am not old like you guys. I may take the last seat on your boat...

My case was approved today. I would like to thank one and all in this forum who have stuck through thick and thin a lot of us went through.

EB-2 (India) - NSC
PD - Oct 2004
I-140 & 485 Filed - April 2005
I-140 Approved - June 2005
I-485 Approved - July 18th, 2007

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats

Congrats and best of luck, BTW do you know the your name check status? and when did you get fingerprinted last?

Congrats and best of luck, BTW do you know the your name check status? and when did you get fingerprinted last?

gclonger,

My last LUD was on 8/19. I did receive my second FP notice March, 07. I called NSC for the first time last week to enquire about my name check status. I was informed that they can not answer that question but asked me to call them back if I don't hear back in next 30 days.

Best,

I had 2 cases.
-------------------------
Case 1
-------
Jan 2003 - Filed for labor, TSC.
Jan 2006 - Labor approved.
Sep 2006 - Filed for I-140.
Mar 2007 - I-140 denied ( financial ability of the firm).
-------------------------
Case 2
------
Sep 13, 2005 -- applied for Perm ( the same day the first retrogression VB came out)
Sep 20, 2005 - Perm approved. ( 5 working days)
Sep 28, 2005 - Applied for I-140, 485.
Jan 2006 - I-140 approved.
JULY 16, 2007 -- GOT the approval EMAIL FROM USCIS!!!!!!
-------------

Lud 8/19??

Hi Freespirit06,
Thanks for your response. Did you say your last update was 8/19/06?? Wow!! that the my last update too. I finished my FP 2 in April 07. No further update. My lawyer called about case status and I got a letter saying due to the large no of applications my case is in the queue blah blah and not to call again for 120 days!!!!!!!!!!! I dont know what to do.
GCLonger

Is this a approval?

On July 19, 2007, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

I didn't recieve any approval email

gc_tunnel,Congrats!!! check your mail box tomorrow(07/20) 5.15 AM pacific time, you will receive approval emails. You are all set now.

I got approved on July 11th 2007. My PD is June 2004. Applied in VSC, transferred to TSC on 3/15/2007. got second time finger printed on may 10th 2007. got approval mail (card ordered) on 07/11. approval notice mailed on 7/12. card mailed on 7/16. received both approval notice and physical card on 7/19. I guess i am lucky, but had to struggle all the time because of my company.. any ways i am lucky

Good luck Kishore, everybody deserve GC doesn't matter new or old, ultimate is luck is required

I got approved on July 11th 2007. My PD is June 2004. Applied in VSC, transferred to TSC on 3/15/2007. got second time finger printed on may 10th 2007. got approval mail (card ordered) on 07/11. approval notice mailed on 7/12. card mailed on 7/16. received both approval notice and physical card on 7/19. I guess i am lucky, but had to struggle all the time because of my company.. any ways i am lucky

Congrats gc_tunnel..do give your PD, RD, LUD etc other case details..

Is this a approval?

On July 19, 2007, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

I didn't recieve any approval email

Thank you for all the help and support.

Folks,

I have been logging in to the USCIS web site to check my profile 5 times a day. This evening at 7EST there was no update and since this is the last thing I do before hitting the bed, I checked a few min. back, and I could not believe my eyes :)

EB3 - India
Labor filed - Sep 2003 RIR
I140/I485 (concurrent) - April 2004
I140 approved -June 2005
3 Finger prints (last one March 2007)
I485 Approved - June 19th 2007.
No change in LUD since June 2006

I wish good luck to all friends of this forum. This place has been amazing. My GC journey would have been even more miserable if not for the hope and humor in the posts.

My prayers and wishes to all those waiting for GC.

May the force be with you....

=================================
Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident.

On July 19, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before you get your new card call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

EB3/INDIA JUN 2003 140 APPROVED 4/26/2004
4 EAD'S Never used them.
1 AP Never used them.
1 job change didn't file AC-21
CARD RECIEVED ON 7/27/2007.
CARD SAYS LPR SINCE 7/2/2007.

Congratulation! You will get it in a week.

I had Card ordered message on 7/13/07 and got physical card on 7/19/07

Khodal md,

I wanted to know what are the few things to be done after one gets the card?

Even if we have the physical card .. will they do the stamping on the passport too .. Like if we go out of the country and loose the card .. we can still enter using the stamped passport right ..

Thanks

Earlier, USCIS was taking lot of time to send physical card after approval notice and people used to stamp passport. Now they send card in one week. Once you have card, no need to stamp it on passport. Keep extra photo copies of green card with you during travel.

Whenever you get time, make sure update your Social Security Card. We all have SS card with condition; With DHS work authorization only. They will issue new card (of course number will be same) with no condition.

Khodal md,

Even if we have the physical card .. will they do the stamping on the passport too .. Like if we go out of the country and loose the card .. we can still enter using the stamped passport right ..

Thanks

Earlier, USCIS was taking lot of time to send physical card after approval notice and people used to stamp passport. Now they send card in one week. Once you have card, no need to stamp it on passport. Keep extra photo copies of green card with you during travel.

Whenever you get time, make sure update your Social Security Card. We all have SS card with condition; With DHS work authorization only. They will issue new card (of course number will be same) with no condition.

Enjoy your freedom !! If you have Daru business ( liquor), send me Chivas's Regel !!!

Khodal md,

Thanks

Got approval emails on today for me, spouse & son

Hi All,
I am very glad to let the forum know that today at 11 AM EDT we received I-485 approval emails for me, my spouse & son as well together. We are all very relieved by now. Good luck to all other members in this forum who are still waiting for GC approval news & all the best to each and everybody in this forum. Special thanks to Mr. Khanna for hosting this marvelous web site to share our feelings/experience in this long GC process.
Pl. see my signature for my case details.

Current status

Infopass appointment outcome:

"Everything is in order. There is no security check pending. No name check pending. Everything is clear. Just wait, it must be coming soon" :)

Funny...isn't it? ;)

GC_Woes, I suspect your case might have got caught up in name check, all documentarily qualified cases were assigned a visa number in june and should show a LUD of some date in june, better take infopass appointment and request for a status check.