Guys....need some help

Docmar

Registered Users (C)
My wife and I recently had our AOS interview and we were told that we did not have enough evidence for our marriage. We were crushed but in retrospect I guess we did not. Anyway, moving on........we don't have much together yet because we are in a transition period in our lives. We have gathered so far.......joint bank account, 2 shared credit card accounts, letter from landlord stating that I have lived with my wife for the past year (the lease was in her name), electric bill with my name on it, proof of purchases together. We will be scheduled for another interview in Newark but we have some questions for anyone who has some info. Also, we will be moving in a couple of weeks to NY and we are afraid our application (which is open in Newark right now) will be sent to NY to the "begining of the line".

1) Does anyone know how long it takes to get a second interview in Newark?

2) If we get an interview date and then move to NY, what will happen, what should we do?

3) If it does get transfered to NY, at what stage of the process will it be in?

Please, I feel so bad about what happened and I would appreciate some help here. We are good people, I love my wife dearly and just want to get past this.

Justin

You stated what you have NOW gathered, what evidence did you produce at that time of your first interview? Sometimes, the adjudicator has their mind set the second you walk into the door... Is there an age difference, which one of you is the USC?

I may not be able to help you much but this is the best I can do.

1) I do not know how long it takes to get a second interview

2) I will suggest that if you can stay in newark untill you get your second interview date and attend it because moving to NY. Moving at this critical stage may result in gathering eveidence of living together all over again and a delay in getting your GC

Best of luck

Yes there is an age difference. Honestly, the lady wasout to get us from the begining. Amazing, we are good people who love eachother and this is what happens. Unfortunately, we can only stay in Newark a couplemore weeks due to my job. If we get an interview and then leave for NY will they not proceed?

how much of an age difference?
how much evidence did you have?
you really need to explain more for someone to help

I don't want to scare anyone, we only had evidence such as cards, pictures, some letters, and a bank account. Butwe are in a transition point in our lives and we were just a little naive in thinking that this would be enough. Also, there is a nine year difference between us (but it does not look it when you see us).

Anyway, I am sorry but I don't see how giving more information about my case can help with my 3 original questions. If anyone has any info regarding the three questions feel free.

Marriage Evidence

Justin,

We had a similar problem. Only Two things helped us. First - a remarriage certificate if original certificate is not available. The other is 1040 Tax Return forms for as long you have been married. If you married last year then both husband and spouse should have filed a joint tax return.

Other items can help but these two carry lot of weight.

I hope it helps.

Thanks
Rajesh

I have a bad situation because I am a graduating medical student (June 2, 2006) and I have not had to file taxes for the past four years. How long did it take you to receive a second interview? Was it at Newark?

Docmar,
When people asked you about questions that you may think are out of question you put yourself in a situation that few people can help you out and you are not even helping others.

This is a forum where people post questions and received answer that are not guarantee of sucess but give you facts that you can miss,

Every case is different and if you think that only few things are the cause of your problems you are wrong. On the interview there is a wide scope for observation. Unfortunately in your interview to say that you love a person is not enough and never have been and won't be. When people ask you for example, what were the questions or what evidence you bring, then is to try to avoid to repeat things that you could already know or gather. We don't know we are not mind readers. If another person ask you what is your age difference (that in my personal view is not really something of consideration on immigration interview unless there are other issues associated that probably are the ones who can call more the attention and because people worry about certain things mistake the real issue to worry about), what is the problem to say it probably another person need that information because is in a similar situation like you.

Answering your questions, if you did not have any of the evidences that you said that you "now" have gathered is a good "OF COURSE" you was going to be in a second interview if you didn't show up any evidence of living together. And in your interview letter is written what are the basics documents that you need to bring.
1. I am not from Newark, but every DO is different and is not the same timeline for second interview than for the first one, you can be receiving for the next three months or so.

2.If you decided to move exactly in a situation like this, you are asking for trouble or delays. First, you must file all your change of address and call the 800 number on time and see if you will get your second interview letter in the proper address and probably the time will be different since as I said every DO is different and NY is different and looking how many people got situation in NY, would be wise to wait until you get that second interview unless you have a stronger issue to move. That is your personal call.

3. I guess I included in the number 2.

Honestly,

I don't need a lecture in a time like this. I am sorry but I don't feel like totatlly going into the details of my life and my case on a public forum. So excuse me for not doing so. Lastly, I think I gave enough information for the questions of which I only seek general answers to.