• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Guys Is there chances of rejection if You have submitted Wrong photo during initial registration

rambabu

I am a DV 2014 winner. While filling the entry I had submitted the photo taken by mobile. It was validated by photo validator and had met all requirement for photo. But I have read somewhere that they reject the case with photo taken by mobile camera. Is it right guys. Do anybody have faced this kind of condition. Help me guys what can I do.

As long as the photo is of you, and met the requirements you should be ok. The fact that you got this far means that the photo passed initial checks. Stop worrying.

I'm going to delete your duplicate post....

Yeah !
You got selected so you are fine ;)
And you will take photos to the interview and they will photo shoot you again at the interview...
No worries

As above. If the photo passed the initial selection, then it is acceptable. The only problem would be if the photo was of someone else. They use facial recognition software to match up the initial photo, the photos you bring to the interview, and the biometric one they will take of you.

I am a DV 2014 winner. While filling the entry I had submitted the photo taken by mobile. It was validated by photo validator and had met all requirement for photo. But I have read somewhere that they reject the case with photo taken by mobile camera. Is it right guys. Do anybody have faced this kind of condition. Help me guys what can I do.

I personally asked my wife to take my photo with my iphone on the balcony 2 years ago. Then I resized it and cropped it using Paint.net
I won DV 2015 and received my visa without a problem.
All the photos of my dependents were also taken by my iphone and my 1 yo girl even was looking not directly to the camera and her photo was not focused well.

There was no single problem with any of these photos.

So, I would recommend you to relax :)

Hi

I am selected for dv/2016. If you can give me an explanation. Whether it is necessary for the photos which are used in the application process to be presented in the interview or be allowed to use other photo?

Hi

I am selected for dv/2016. If you can give me an explanation. Whether it is necessary for the photos which are used in the application process to be presented in the interview or be allowed to use other photo?

The photo you present at the interview will be used to print your DV visa and your GC when you arrive to the US.
It is better to use new, professional photos. The photos for visas have more requirements than the ones for DV application.

The photo you present at the interview will be used to print your DV visa and your GC when you arrive to the US.
It is better to use new, professional photos. The photos for visas have more requirements than the ones for DV application.
Thank you for your information

Hi

They should be new photos, I believe it says somewhere either "recent" or not more than 6 months old? Considering the application photos will be a year old even for the first interviews.