Guests and Oath Ceremony

ridiculous

Registered Users (C)
I have my oath ceremony at the Fairfax DO on Thursday. Does anyone know if I can take guests with me to attend the oath ceremony and if so is there a limit on how many people I can invite to the ceremony... thanks

Congratulations, I know "Oath Cermony" is like graduation where you wish all of your family & friends can be there while they hand you your graduation certificate.

I think it depends on the place itself, I read some stories here that some places does not allow guests as the space is limited while others allow 1-2 for each person taking the oath, so it'd be better if you can call the Fairfax site and ask

Congratulations & Good Luck

Thanks for your reply, the problem is these guys dont have a published phone number to call and check. I will try calling the NBC (I doubt they will be of any use :)

I have my oath ceremony at the Fairfax DO on Thursday. Does anyone know if I can take guests with me to attend the oath ceremony and if so is there a limit on how many people I can invite to the ceremony... thanks

It depends on each venue. In Phoenix the Court room is round and the guests were on an upper level and could look down into the "pit" where we were sitting. It looked like it would take about 100 people max.

I think there were some seats at the back of where we were sitting too, but can't be sure. I was spending too much time looking at my Certificate. :D

I have no idea what they do if there are too many guests. Maybe just take one or two for each New USC.

Thanks... looking to see if anyone had any insights on how Fairfax DO handles guests for the oath ceremony

Thanks... looking to see if anyone had any insights on how Fairfax DO handles guests for the oath ceremony

It depends on Fairfax DO rules. Can you drive there and ask the clerk or officer? How many guests do you think you need to come to witness your swearing-in oath? If the oath ceremony happens at the court, there are very strict rules. If the oath ceremony happens at the open field (such as fairgrounds, stadium, etc), your guests are allowed. If it happens at the DO, there might be rules. You can set up the INFOpass appt to talk to the clerk officer.

Ridiculous,

I had gone for my husbands swearing in ceremony. The Oath at the Fairfax DO takes place inside the DO office so they like you to bring only 1 or 2 people along as they have limited seating. My husbands ceremony was in the evening so many people who come in for regular business during the day had left. so there were more seating but in the morning that might not be the case. Anyway I would not recommend taking more than 2 people.