green card snatch help needed

nadiriqbal

Registered Users (C)
Hello I need help regarding my Cousen green here is the story
She came to America recently and she got her 10 year green card due to some family reason his husband snatch her green card and passport and kick her out from his house .
Now she have only the photo copies of her green card and social security and passport so I need to know what her legal rights to get her green card back.
1.do she need to file police report and involve them to get her green card back from his husband
2. Do she need to apply her green card as lost/stolen renewal I-90 if yes do uscis need his husband sign or some thing on I-90
3- she didn't get divorce yet but may be soon she will get if she get divorce does it effect her to get her green card
Any help will be appreciated .thank you

1. She could definitely report it to the police, because the passport and green card are property of the issuing government and he has no right to hold it, but if he denies having them, there is not much the police can do
2. If he doesn't give them back, applying for replacements will be the best thing to do. She does not need him to sign anything.
3. No, it won't affect her.