Green card renewal question

murph1031

Registered Users (C)
I need to renew my green card this year and noticed the question on there "have you ever been ordered removed?". What this always on the renewal form or is this new question since 9/11?
Heres my history. In 1990 we made a serious error by receiving flase papers and we were arrest by the FBI and INS. After all was said and done we received vol. departure and all charges were dropped. On my FBI record it states no record. We received our green cards in 1993 via the lottery and this issue came back up, after the INS checked everything, it took them about three months, we where issued are green cards. We renewed them in 2003 with no problem, but like I said I don't remember if this question was on there in 2003.
I understand I will answer yes, and explain was happened, but do you think there is a chance we could get denied? We have nothing on ours records since. How much detail should I write in, would a simple "received vol. departure for false doc's" be enough?
Sometimes when we travel our fingerprints will show up as two people, all they ever ask to to explain, and they proceed to allow us entry, so I know this bad decision will follow us forever. I'm really stressing about this, please someone put my mind at rest.
Thank you

Considering you've been twice approved by USCIS since then, I do not expect at all that they will revoke your permanent residency or deport you.

You could try writing the short one line explanation however I bet you they will send you an RFE for documents related to the case. I would advise if possible to get documents related to the case ready if they ask. However do not worry too much about being deported/residency revoked.

I need to renew my green card this year and noticed the question on there "have you ever been ordered removed?". What this always on the renewal form or is this new question since 9/11?
Heres my history. In 1990 we made a serious error by receiving flase papers and we were arrest by the FBI and INS. After all was said and done we received vol. departure and all charges were dropped. On my FBI record it states no record. We received our green cards in 1993 via the lottery and this issue came back up, after the INS checked everything, it took them about three months, we where issued are green cards. We renewed them in 2003 with no problem, but like I said I don't remember if this question was on there in 2003.
I understand I will answer yes, and explain was happened, but do you think there is a chance we could get denied? We have nothing on ours records since. How much detail should I write in, would a simple "received vol. departure for false doc's" be enough?
Sometimes when we travel our fingerprints will show up as two people, all they ever ask to to explain, and they proceed to allow us entry, so I know this bad decision will follow us forever. I'm really stressing about this, please someone put my mind at rest.
Thank you

Ananga, tks for the reply. What are RFE ? I already have my FBI records, I requested them a few years back when I was going to apply for Citzensship. I still what I need or do I need to start getting something else?
Thanks again
Rob

Renewing Alien Card (aka Green Card) while outside of US.

Hello all,
Just wondering if an applicant can submit to renew the green card outside of US territory via internet (e-file)?
I did not read any restriction on this regards although the USCIS suggested to file upon return, but I did not interpret it as being mandatory condition.

Thank you for your help.