Green Card Received but has an Error

Thanks fhgc, PunetoNJ
for sharing ur updates. I applied I 90 on 01/27/05.
so far i did not get any receipt.

I guess immigration officers saying we can get it 6 months to 1 years.
I guess practically it won't take that much time.
we get some with in couple of months.

Good luck to all.

thx
usinsuser99

Someone mentioned in another thread that it is A LOT faster filling online than doing it in person. I suspect that argument has any foundation at all. However, in terms of processing time, I think it varies greatly among service centers. California seems to be pretty current on I-90 whereas Vermont is stuck in March 2004. Future more, the processing times for card replacement and correcting errors are different in California with the latter being reasonably faster. Someone from California did mention he/she got the replacement in 10 days. I don't think we will be as lucky here in VSC. My impression is that it would take probably 4-5 months from a couple of posts I read somewhere else.

I got the replacement cards yesterday! It took about 3 weeks from the time the FP/Photo/Signature was taken at the ASC (see my sig and look for the I-90 section at the end)

Some notes about the case: The birthdate was wrong on the card. The I-90 was e-filed online. FP's were taken an ASC (Application support center) not the local USCIS office, since the local office is much further from my house. The ASC never took the old card away. "fhgc" mentioned that I would get an RFE for this, but I did not.

Good luck to everyone. My journey is finally over.

Last edited by a moderator:
curiousGeorge said:
I got the replacement cards yesterday! It took about 3 weeks from the time the FP/Photo/Signature was taken at the ASC (see my sig and look for the I-90 section at the end)

Some notes about the case: The birthdate was wrong on the card. The I-90 was e-filed online. FP's were taken an ASC (Application support center) not the local USCIS office, since the local office is much further from my house. The ASC never took the old card away. "fhgc" mentioned that I would get an RFE for this, but I did not.

Good luck to everyone. My journey is finally over.

curiousGeorge,

Thanks for the update. Now you got me wonder whether or not I should've e-filed. I assume you filed at VSC, right?
Also, did you get a receipt with a case number when you e-file?

curiousGeorge said:
I filed at TSC. I got a paper reciept about a week after e-filing.
Thanks for the prompt reply.
As I have posted under some other threads, the service center where you file I-90 may make a big difference. Both TSC and CSC are processing Dec. 2004 whereas VSC is still processing March 2004. Since the processing dates don't always tell the true story, we still have to wait and see how VSC behaves. (Though I remember reading someone getting his card recently from VSC after waiting since Sept. 2004.)

Even I am applying for my daughter(minor). I have a question in Form I-90. What do I need to fill in questions "City of residence where you applied for an immigrant Visa or Adjustment of Status" and "Date of Admission as an immigrant or Adjustment of Status" of I-90?

Deepesh7373 said:
"City of residence where you applied for an immigrant Visa or Adjustment of Status"
The city you lived in when you sent the original I-485 application.
Deepesh7373 said:
"Date of Admission as an immigrant or Adjustment of Status"
The date your I-485 was approved, or if you went for an interview at the local office, then its the date your case was approved at the interview, or if you went for consular processing, then its the date that you crossed the border.

Hey fhgc.,

fhgc said:
Received I-90 Receipt from VSC today. I was appalled to see the following message (although kinda knew it coming):
"It is taking between 365 and 455 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete."
It took them a little over a month to order my first card and they are telling me it's going to take a year to replace it because they made a mistake on my gender. No wonder their entire process is so slow.

we received receipt(I 90) of my son's(5 years old) Yesterday.

I 90 applied 01/28/05
I 90 ND : 02/04/05
LUD : 02/07/05

is there any LUD of ur case? please letme know
I guess it won't take that much long(like 6 months to 1 year)

Good luck for all

usinsuser99

Help.. Efiled 1 90 - wrong DOB

:confused: Hello All,

I need some urgent advice/help. My 1 485 was approved from the VSC center in December 2004. The GC has just come in (March 1) with an incorrect DOB! Oh boy.

I e-filed my I 90 yesterday. However it never asked me for what the mistake was? Is there somewhere it should have asked what the adminsitrative error was ? Also before I could press finish, the browser closed? So I don’t have a copy of the application form as it was filled. Is it something to get stressed about? Where can I get a copy of the form (which I efiled)?I did get the receipt number - LIN 058*******. What does 8 stand for ?

Also when I try to check the status on line today it say “ Status for this Receipt Number cannot be found at this time in this automated system. Please check your case receipt number to see if it is correct. If you have questions or concerns about your case status, please contact the service center where you submitted your application. Does it come up because I did not press finish?

When I called the call center, I got a canned answer “ You should see the file on line after 4-5 days. Is it correct? Do they send any confirmation by mail for filing on line? I suppose they should send an I 797. Should I wait till I get the 1-797 to send the supporting documents ... which I believe should be the original GC and the Birth certificate..

Is there any way to check if they have all the information after I send the supporting documents ,stamping etc ...

The confirmation receipt number is a LIN number. My final question to all you guru's is if the LIN number will cause a problem as my original approval was from Vermont. Will it cause any delays etc? (I did my pp stamping at Chicago as I had moved from NJ).

Any advise/suggestion would be most welcome.

This is messed up

I and my wife got our GC today and it had our pictures wrong on them. My GC was showing my wifes picture and my wifes card was showing my picture.
Not only that my signatures were on her card and her signatures were on my card. I bet the thumbs finger print was wrong too.
Please tell me what to do.

Apreciated

I485 Receipt date Nov 2002

Last edited by a moderator: