Green Card not received/stolen - I-90 Fee

3wishes

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

it's about 2.5 months passed from my welcome notice and USCIS told me that my green card is send about 2 months ago. but I've not received it yet.

I filed I-90 (b. I never received the card), but it rejected because my card is not returned to service center as undeliverable, and service center said I should file I-90 again for lost/stolen card with $370 fee! :confused:

that's not fair, I've not even received the card, and now I should pay $370 to get a replacement card for a stolen card! :eek:

also, as there's no ASC near where I live, is it possible to choose which ASC and when I want to go for biometrics?

any suggestions?

Pete Lo.

I have been in your case, yes you have to pay the fees ($ 370)
For BIO, They will probably send you to the closest ASC from your zip code.

After I sent my I-90, I did my BIO 2 weeks later ( because I was travelling) and got my CG in less than 2 months.
good luck

The funny part is that US CIS wouldn't even provide you with a tracking number.

Any merchant accepting a payment in return for merchandise, would either provide you with a tracking number for the merchandise, or give you your money back if you don't receive it.

Visa/MC/AmEx (as well as PayPal) will refund the money no questions asked if the merchant can't provide a tracking number for the merchandise!

I am pretty sure that any US Court, if faced with a similar situation, will be on the customer's side and ask the merchant to refund the money.

I guess US laws don't apply to US CIS! :)

For BIO, They will probably send you to the closest ASC from your zip code.

After I sent my I-90, I did my BIO 2 weeks later ( because I was travelling) and got my CG in less than 2 months.
good luck

Thanks, seems there's no way to avoid paying $370
now I should figure out what's the best way for ASC schedule... (I'll try to ask for a specific day and place)

The funny part is that US CIS wouldn't even provide you with a tracking number.

Any merchant accepting a payment in return for merchandise, would either provide you with a tracking number for the merchandise, or give you your money back if you don't receive it.

Visa/MC/AmEx (as well as PayPal) will refund the money no questions asked if the merchant can't provide a tracking number for the merchandise!

I am pretty sure that any US Court, if faced with a similar situation, will be on the customer's side and ask the merchant to refund the money.

I guess US laws don't apply to US CIS! :)

yeah, I was shocked when I heard that I should pay!
but what else I can do?!!

instead of asking $370 they could ask for $20 for a post with a tracking information.

I asked USCIS customer service, what happens if I pay $370 now, and again I do not receive the card!!! she didn't answer me....

nowadays any order comes with tracking information, but something as important as a permanent resident card; no tracking.... I just don't get it! :confused: :confused: :confused: :mad: