Green Card Filing 693 and 864

sarvalokesh

Registered Users (C)
I have prepared the following forms and going to file this week.

I-130/131/485/765

I have two questions:
1. Can I send 693 form after 15 days since its going to take time to get the medical report.

2. What about 864 is it required to file?

I married to US citizen and I am on H1b.

I have prepared the following forms and going to file this week.

I-130/131/485/765

I have two questions:
1. Can I send 693 form after 15 days since its going to take time to get the medical report.

It is better to send everything together. You cannot send it in 15 days. If you don't send it together USCIS will send you a letter RFI to send it later. You must include a copy of that letter so they would know how to file it properly. Just know, that USCIS has a right to deny your application if you do not send all the required forms. Medical exam doesn't take that long (mine took 3 days) why don't you wait and file everything together.
2. What about 864 is it required to file?

It is a required and very important form.

Agreed, you would be better filing everything at the same time.

Also, check form I-864EZ, you may be able to use that version (which is much easier).

My medical doctor messed up

First he gave me vaccine prescription to go to Depart. of Health and do DT and MMR he forget about varicella.

When I came with DT and MMR Report then he asked me to take Varicella short but Depart. of Health said I have to wait for 1 month to do varicella.

So I have to wait 4 weeks.

Regarding 864 my lawyer did not mention about this?

Are you using a USCIS Certified Civil Surgeon? if not, you need to find one. They can do the exam in 1 day and give you all the shots and tests that you need.

About the I-864. YES, EVERY IMMIGRANT through Marriage MUST have a sponsor (and sometimes co-sponsor) and have an Affidavit of Support filed for him/her.

Thank you guys.

I got some info regarding I-864 whats your comment on this?

Exceptions to filing I-864:
The following applicants for family immigrant visas do not need an I-864:

Biological (natural-born) children of American citizens (IR-2 immigrant visa category) who will enter the United States when under the age of eighteen and will automatically acquire American citizenship and who are living with and in legal custody of U.S. citizen parent

I got this information from here...
http://www.immihelp.com/greencard/familybasedimmigration/affidavit-of-support-relative.html

Do you fall under that category? no? then forget about it and read the rest of it. You are an alien married to an US citizen, the US Citizen must sponsor you by filing an I-864 or I-864EZ.

Yes he is USCIS Certified Civil Surgeon. But vaccine is not done in is clinic.

Go to a different place to get Varicella shots. Most people get all the shots the same day. Your civil surgeon needs to prescribe it and then you can get it from any place which does it.

Thank you PraetorianXI and SakshiSrivastav for your inputs.

I am going to file I-864 along with my forms.
one more question regarding I-864

My wife she is a student and she will be start earning from next year (2008). she does not have any income now. All her education fees were supported by her parents.

Should I show my employment details etc...?

Thank you PraetorianXI and SakshiSrivastav for your inputs.

I am going to file I-864 along with my forms.
one more question regarding I-864

My wife she is a student and she will be start earning from next year (2008). she does not have any income now. All her education fees were supported by her parents.

Should I show my employment details etc...?

I presume your wife is a USC and sponsoring you. In this case, if she doesn't have income and you do, its perfectly fine. You need to show your tax transcripts and an employment letter signifying that your employment will continue at the same place even after you become a permanent resident.