Green card approval and passport stamping

JS485

Registered Users (C)
Guys, Green card was approved on 1st of December.
How much time does it take to get the notice to appear in the local USCIS office for the PP stamping?

Also I have heard in some cases they directly issue the physical card, without the pp stamping, is it true? if yes then in what cases.

Please help.
Thanks.

Congrats!!!

In most cases that I have seen the approval notives are received within a week or so.

Can you please post yoru details? What is your RD? PD? Which country are you from? How long did your name check process take so on?

Again, hearty congratulations!!!

JS485 said:
Guys, Green card was approved on 1st of December.
How much time does it take to get the notice to appear in the local USCIS office for the PP stamping?

Also I have heard in some cases they directly issue the physical card, without the pp stamping, is it true? if yes then in what cases.

Please help.
Thanks.

They will order cards directly

In most cases I have seen they order the cards directly without the need for your PP to be stamped (unlike what used to happen). So you should expect to receive your approval notice..your message will also change to indicate that your cards have been ordered.

JS485 said:

Please help.
Thanks.

supply_demand said:
In most cases I have seen they order the cards directly without the need for your PP to be stamped (unlike what used to happen). So you should expect to receive your approval notice..your message will also change to indicate that your cards have been ordered.

Thanks for your commnets.
I don't think they did any security check for my case, my wife's security check took about 1 year.
More details are on.
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=233247

Guys, The 485 was approved on 1st of december, I got fingerprint appointment notice today. This is the notice to appear at commerce street, Newark.

The notice does not talk anything about the passport stamping.
Should I assume that the passport will be stamped when I go there or do I have to follow some additional steps.

The notice date is 26th december, should I book a ticket for outside travel for 27th December.

Please help.
Thanks.