Green card and RTD travel to Canada

GayGuy

Registered Users (C)
Has anyone travelled to Canada using an RTD and a Green card? What was the experience like at the border? Do you need both RTD and Greencard to enter Canada and return to the US especially if you are going by land?

I had traveled to Canada 2 years ago with my GC. At the Canadian border i handed over my GC and was asked how long will I be staying and where will I be staying and thats its.

It was less than 3 minutes at the border.

On my way back to the US border handed over my GC and was told welcome back home.

Took less than 2 minutes at the US border.

Only GC....
I had traveled to Canada 3 week ago with my GC. At the Canadian border (Buffalo NY side )i handed over my GC and was asked how long will I be staying and where will I be staying and that s its.
simple Question
and when i back to USA
US border agent same question he ask where u live , that s all \
i have GC he look GC and My Face i think he make sure that my GC looking My PIC.
-------------
GC+RTD
one year ago i travel Edmonton Canada , Canadian officer ask same thing where am going like same question i told am visiting my Sister and friends he stamp on RTD let me Go
When i Back To US US border siting on Canada air port .She ask where am going where am living i told my State name and she told me YOU NO NEED RTD YOU JUST NEED GC I TOLD HER I DON'T KNOW ABOUT THAT THE I ON MY WAY ...........very simple no any kind prob at all both Land or by Air ...

hey Guys,
I am now in Canada. This was the most smooth entry I have had so far coming here. At the Buffalo border the officer asked me where i lived, why i was coming into Canada, Where I was staying, and if i was going to work for my friends and then he said enjoy your trip. Oh by the way he wiped my GC but I noticed that he never Stamped my RTD. How does the US knows that I ever left the country? And for how do i prove for how long I left?

Hey GAYGUY, did you get your asylum based on your sexual orientation (mine was the case) and what is your country of origin. I was granted asylum in 2004.
Regards
Dani