graduate education in dentistry

subha_savee

hai ,
iam a dentist from India. currently i have applied to the MS programs in dentistry in various dental schools in USA.i just need to clarify if i could job after my MS or is it necessary to complete DDS.
kindly help me in this issue,
thanks,
subha

licensure options

Hey subha_savee,
Well the question is which subject you have appied for a MS. If it is a clinical accredited speciality then you have some options of getting licensed without
a DDS program. There are a few options that you have which might help you to get licensed.
Check
http://www.ada.org/prof/prac/licensure/us.asp

I think the forums on studentdoctor.net will be of more help than an immigration portal.

Options are many but you need a good gameplan .
Goodluck.

i got my 3 yrs specialty in Pedo... i guess there are only 10 states that accept us without an international student DDS program..... i got licened in florida and have been in practice for the last 2 yrs

Please clarify Annoosa

Hello Annoosa,
My brother has a 3 year MDS in Prosthetics after his BDS from India That is BDS + MDS.
Can he get directly lisenced in Florida.If yes please provide a link to help where to start.
Please post.
Thanks

GC soon

Hello Annoosa,
My brother has a 3 year MDS in Prosthetics after his BDS from India That is BDS + MDS.
Can he get directly lisenced in Florida.If yes please provide a link to help where to start.
Please post.
Thanks

GC soon

Dds/dmd

I do not think with Indian qualification, you can get licence to practice in US at all.

Most of the state looking for completion of US- DDS/DMD (2 or 3 yrs) international program. Only very few states admits with certain speciality for licence with no DDS/DMD but US Speciality Degree (Not foreign degree). CA state was allowing foreign dental graduate to go through ADA Part I & 2, Part 3 (bench exam) and Part 4 to practice only in CA state but that provision is already withdrawn.

For more details for licencing go to www.ada.org

GC soon said:
Hello Annoosa,
Please post.
Thanks

GC soon

Last edited by a moderator: