Got two RFEs for my I-485

blazer43201

Registered Users (C)
Got one RFE last month. While, I haven't received it, my attorney got it. Mine must have been lost in the mail. The RFE says since I have applied for traveling documents, they want me to explain all arrivals and departures.

Since I never got my 1st RFE by myself, I called customer service asking them to send me a copy of the RFE. Yesterday I got one letter from USCIS, which is for something else. I don't know if they mistakenly sent a wrong RFE to me, or it's just coincidence. It says I haven't submitted I-639 medical record and asks me to submit one. I'm very sure I have submitted my medical record already.

Does anybody has experience with these two kinds of RFE before? How to deal with them? Thanks.

Hi,

When USCIS issue an RFE, do they send it to both you and your attorney or only your attorney?

I got an email saying I got an RFE, but I haven't got it.

Thanks!

fiveice

fiveice said:
Hi,

When USCIS issue an RFE, do they send it to both you and your attorney or only your attorney?

I got an email saying I got an RFE, but I haven't got it.

Thanks!

fiveice
I think both lawyer and you get a copy!

When I got RFE (for photos) for EAD, we (applicants) only received the RFE and not the lawyer. But for I-140, only lawyer received the RFE. wonder for 485, maybe both will receive a copy?

LUD and approval

changes in LUD happens before the approval for all the 485 applications? or sometimes, no LUD but direct approval email?

My 485 was approved last week after responding to an RFE. while the approval letter was sent to me and my lawyer, the RFE was sent only to my lawyer.
As far as approval on Feb16th recd. email saying after pproving a card has been ordered. There was another email yesterday that said this case has been approved and a notice has been sent.
I dont think we can ever figure out how USCIS works. Atleast I am relieved that the long wait(3 yrs) is over.

REF's for all applications submitted through my attorney were sent to the attorney's address only. No copy for me. For example, first EAD, I140, and I485. I believe this is what happens to most of people here. So, I don't think your own copy was lost in the mail; you simply don't have one.

Don't understand why you have to get an actual copy of the RFE. Simply ask your attorney to fax one to you, address the problems, and then send it back to the attorney who will forward the response together with the RFE to USCIS. That's all.

I assumed lawyer and I should both get the RFE, which is the case for finger prints. But the result is that my lawyer got one and I didn't.

RFE for spouse 485!

I just got an email saying they sent RFE for my wife's 485. No LUD/RFE for me as a primary applicant. WOndering what could be the RFE for! We submitted medical for both with 485 application. Marraige certificate/ Birth certifcate were all submitted. biometrics code 3 were also completed and name check was completed for both. Now RFE! worried!

bhakum said:
I just got an email saying they sent RFE for my wife's 485. No LUD/RFE for me as a primary applicant. WOndering what could be the RFE for! We submitted medical for both with 485 application. Marraige certificate/ Birth certifcate were all submitted. biometrics code 3 were also completed and name check was completed for both. Now RFE! worried!
DOn't worry it can be anything simpleRFE...atleast they are touching applications!

Thanks eb1doc. Hope it will be a simple RFE. If i call USCIS customer service, will they tell me the details of the rfe? it may take a week to receive the rfe by mail..

bhakum said:
Thanks eb1doc. Hope it will be a simple RFE. If i call USCIS customer service, will they tell me the details of the rfe? it may take a week to receive the rfe by mail..
customer servive person can tell same as what you got by email...or anything which u sh dnot trust...so just relax and wait fro letter.....if it is for spouse only them marriage/medical/legal status are prime RFEs

thanks eb1doc. Spouse was on H-4 when she first entered USA and H4 expired last month. She has EAD and 485 pending. These two establishes legal status for her? We did not apply AP as we were not planning to travel outside USA.
thanks for your replies. find them very useful and informtive.

RFE for spouse about the marraige

We received the RFE for my wife's 485. They need more evidence to prove the marraige. We sent marraige certficate from India and document showing she is in my Health coverage plan as spouse. What additional documents one can send? 2005 joint fed tax return would work? I also recently added her name into my passport? These two should be enough? or should i send few wedding photos as a supporting evidence? Appreciate any suggestions who also received same RFE about marraige.
thanks

Send marriage certificate again. More importantly, you need to send copies of any documents that show both of you are living together. e.g. Joint tax returns, Apt. lease or house deed, Statements for joint bank/credit card accounts, bills where both of you are listed together (electricity, cable, phine etc.).

Joint bank statements
marriage certificate
copy of marriage invitations
passport name addtion
any kind of support letters related to immigrations.
marriage pictures
cell phone bills
credit card statements

all thes suffice the requirements!