got RFE for original marraige certificate ,please help

daram

We got a rfe today asking to send original marraige ceritficate (do not send copy) ..
Is it normal to ask like that ,how can we send original certificate.did any body sent originals before..
your suggestions please...
RD 07/03/01 ,ND 08/13/01 ,RFE DT 08/16/02

This is news, never heard before,were you married within
6 months before applying I-485?
The theory around is that if married less than 6 months before filing I-485, the case automatically gets transfered to local INS for
an Interview.This happend atleast in my case and got transfered to local INS, but never heard about original caertificates to be mailed.

RD 07/13/01
ND 08/23/01
Case transfered 08/19/02

:confused:

newtogc,

I think you have to send original marriage certificate. We sent our original marriage cert. with 485 .

macho55

wow!..that's the weirdest thing

I have ever heard...sending original docs??
I thot the INS has clauses that they don't accept original documents..who's responsible if the docs get lost/misplaced?
I have tons of friends who got their Green Cards,recently,in various centres,and they all confirmed to me that they have not sent the original documents..(I too have sent a copy of my marriage cert) ..but this is def scary and weird..
I mean who accepts only original docs??
oh well...I guess that's the fun of NSC...
:rolleyes:

I did not sent my original docs

Me and my wife applied for 485 in less then 6 months of our marrige and i got approved yesterday with my rd of aug 17 2001.

What did your Lawyer say...... ?

IndianNewYorker

married since almost 6 years..

We were married almost 6 years back..,talking to lawyer today ..will see what he will say..
did you get it back ,if you sent the original marriage certificate?
how hard to get another from india from same marraige register office?