Got My US ePassport Today

High 5

Registered Users (C)
Yupee, got my US PASSPORT today, 9days total! Not bad.. Sucks that I didn't receive Certificate Of Naturalization with it. So I called status line (1-877-487-2778) and was told that I should be getting it within a week.

Summary:
- Passport application was sent via USPS Columbus, Ohio on July 10th to PHILADELPHIA, PA 19101 to PUBLIC SECTOR EXP, The item was signed for by M K on July 11th.
- With passport demand at record levels my information was sent to New Orleans electronically for e-Passport printing.
- Passport received from New Orleans in a different envelope & tracking # then originally sent with passport application.

Don't Forget * TIPS/Tricks FOR US PASSPORT + Q & A's. Click Me

FP Completed.................Mid OCT 06
IL Received....................APR 27th 07
IL Scheduled..................JUN 7th 07
N 445 Received...............JUN 13th 07
Oath Ceremony..............JUL 10th 07 :cool: *** US Citizen *** :cool:
SSA Change Of Status.....JUL 10th 07 "Took 5 Mins"
Passport Applied.............JUL 10th 07 "2way Overnight + Expedited = $190"
ePassport Received.........JUL 19th 07 :p "9 Days Very Impressing"
:p
Certificate Of Naturalization Received ...........?¿?:mad: ¿?¿?

. ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...

Why did the certificate not come with the passport? Let us know when you get it.

Good luck !!!!!!!

Guess This Is How They Are Doing It Now A Days

I Guess this is how they are doing it now a days since my information was sent electronically to printing agency :confused:

Yupee, got my US PASSPORT today, 9days total! Not bad.. Sucks that I didn't receive Certificate Of Naturalization with it. So I called status line (1-877-487-2778) and was told that I should be getting it within a week.

Summary:
- Passport application was sent via USPS Columbus, Ohio on July 10th to PHILADELPHIA, PA 19101 to PUBLIC SECTOR EXP, The item was signed for by M K on July 11th.
- With passport demand at record levels my information was sent to New Orleans electronically for e-Passport printing.
- Passport received from New Orleans in a different envelope & tracking # then originally sent with passport application.

ePassport Received.........JUL 19th 07 :p "9 Days Very Impressing"
:p
Certificate Of Naturalization Received ...........?¿?:mad: ¿?¿?

- Passport received from New Orleans in a different envelope & tracking # then originally sent with passport application.[/I]

How do you know these statuses? Can you check online the progrss being made on passport online as it happens.. Are you planning to travel out of country soon, hence you applied in expedited?

Thanks!

Thank God The Journey Is Over! :)

Passport Status Showed up Today as expedited but my Journey is finally over. Already Got my Passport & Natz Certificate

U.S. Passport Application Status

Thank you for submitting your passport application! It is currently being processed.

Last Name: xxxxxxxxxxx
Date Of Birth: xx/xx/xxxx
Social Security Number: xxx-xx-xxxx
Your passport application locator number is xxxxxxxxx.

Passport Summary:

* Passport application was sent via USPS Columbus, Ohio on July 10th to PHILADELPHIA, PA 19101 to PUBLIC SECTOR EXP, The item was signed for by M K on July 11th.
* July 18th called the status line & I was told; With passport demand at record levels my information was sent to New Orleans electronically for e-Passport printing.
* ePassport Received received on July 19th from New Orleans in a different envelope & tracking # then originally sent with passport application.
* Certificate Of Naturalization Received July 21 in first class mail / envelope from New Orleans. Naturalization Certificate in perfect condition not creased or folded :)

ePassport Received.........JUL 19th 07 "9 Days! Very Impressing"
Certificate Of Naturalization Received...........JUL 21 Journey Over! :cool:

Any pros or cons for applying passports on oath date Vs on a later date in Post offices? San Francisco oath apparantly has over 1000 people.. so may be crowded, but apart from that?

Thanks!

I would wait a day and complete other things that need the original naturalization certificate, such as making notarized copies of same, getting on the voter rolls through driver permit department etc. If there is name change then notarized copies for credit card etc will also be required. One could be without the naturalization certificate for quite some time if the passport processing takes too long.
Any pros or cons for applying passports on oath date Vs on a later date in Post offices? San Francisco oath apparantly has over 1000 people.. so may be crowded, but apart from that?

Thanks!

I would wait a day and complete other things that need the original naturalization certificate, such as making notarized copies of same, getting on the voter rolls through driver permit department etc.

Just curious, the certificate says it is a federal offense to make copies of the certificate so I've not done this. But maybe making a notarized copy is standard fare??

Just curious, the certificate says it is a federal offense to make copies of the certificate so I've not done this. But maybe making a notarized copy is standard fare??

Person administring mu oath had told me that you can make copy for your records (Though certificate says you should not) Making copies to use them in place of original is not permitted. But making copies so that you have something to send them in case you lose original is highly recommended.

For passport, you have to send original and once passport arrives, you don't need to use certificate anywhere (Passport works) So plain photocopy (not notorized) kept at separate safe place (Not with original certificate) is fine.