Got My FP What Next ?

BAGUSAC

Registered Users (C)
Hi Folks,

I got my FP done on March 01st what is the next series of steps to get my GC in hand.
I know the plastic card is the ultimate and there ends the GC trail.

But can some one please give me the following details.

1. What is the next step after your FP is accepted.
2. When & What will you hear back from the VSC center ?
3. Will they notify the stamping location ?
4. Can I travel abroad once I get the approval notice and if I get the stamping done if not please let me know the process.
5. When can i switch employers is it after my EAD + 6 months or after getting the plastic card ?

Hope this thread might provide details for others who are also in the same boat as I am.

bagusac

BAGUSAC said:
Hi Folks,

I got my FP done on March 01st what is the next series of steps to get my GC in hand.
I know the plastic card is the ultimate and there ends the GC trail.

But can some one please give me the following details.

1. What is the next step after your FP is accepted.
2. When & What will you hear back from the VSC center ?
3. Will they notify the stamping location ?
4. Can I travel abroad once I get the approval notice and if I get the stamping done if not please let me know the process.
5. When can i switch employers is it after my EAD + 6 months or after getting the plastic card ?

Hope this thread might provide details for others who are also in the same boat as I am.

bagusac

Answers:
1. No more steps after FP is accpted - just wait for LUD to change.
2. You will hear from VSC when u get an approval/RFE or 2nd FP (after a year). but I am sure you will get an approval very soon.
3. Your approval notice will just ask you to take an "Infopass Appointment" - you have to go to their website and punch in your Postal ZIP Code. They will allot you the centre for stamping.
4. Yes you can travel abroad once stamping done - make sure you have all papers.
5. there is no legal time line - I know people who left in 2 months other in 6 months. a very debatable issue - lot of discussions in the 485 portals.

hope this helps.

Thanks a lot msd_gc

That really answered much of what I was looking for.

Sorry to go back on this question, but do you have any idea as what is the set of papers required in case of traveling abroad.

Regards,
-BAGUSAC

BAGUSAC said:
Thanks a lot msd_gc

That really answered much of what I was looking for.

Sorry to go back on this question, but do you have any idea as what is the set of papers required in case of traveling abroad.

Regards,
-BAGUSAC

Just your 2 (or 3) copies of AP (and passport ofcourse!).

Thanks for that quick response.
One last question for this thread.

My I-485 app was received on 09/04 and
My FP acknowledgment was updated on the status website on 03/04.
As such VSC is currently working on RD of 06/04
So does it mean I have 3 more months of wait for the approval or are they
going by PD, if so how do i know what the PD is for I-485 apps under VSC.

Thanks once again
BAGUSAC

BAGUSAC said:

Thanks once again
BAGUSAC

My Dear Friend BAGUSAC:

That's the most difficult question you have asked :eek: !!

Threads have been started and lot of people had speculated on this topic. But nobody has managed to answer this.

There are people in this forum who are awaiting their GC approval since Jun 2002 while there are also people who have applied in Feb 2005 and got their GCs.

Bottom line - Nobody knows how USCIS works. You will get an idea if you follow the 140/485 tracker on one the service center u have applied to.

As far as PD is concerned look up the Visa bulletin published by US Dept of State.

Best of Luck.

Thanks msd_gc for your pointers and quick responses.

Looks like the entire fate of I-485 is up in the air !

Will keep the forum posted about my processing times eventually so that others who are in the same boat as me might get some sense.

Cheers.
BAGUSAC

BAGUSAC said:

Thanks once again
BAGUSAC

hard to say. sometimes VSC goes by PD. sometimes by RD. what I noticed is that VSC is going many times by the name check. from my point of view the name check seems to be the most important step for VSC and for us, too. once the VSC rep sends the request to FBI for name check, the officer has something in his/her mind. Approval or RFE. othewise s/he would wait for PD or RD and after that would check the name. I now, the name check can take up to one year, and the officer can do it earlier, but s/he doesn't care. s/he is paid anyway.

According to tons of threads and discussion I was going with the FP stage as a pitstop for FBI to pitch in and check for names now this is news.
But when they check for names what are they looking for apart from not being on any list ?

Now if PD and RD is not in the picture then what is ? [ Again apart from check you name for something which I am not sure for what ]

-Thanks,
BAGUSAC