got laid off and interview is on wednesday

athenea

Registered Users (C)
How do I go about informing uscis about this? I was unemployed when filed and I am unemployed now.

So do I informed of the temp job>?

Tell the interviewer you got a job after filing the N-400 and now you no longer have it. Write down or remember the dates in case they ask for them.

the reason for the laid off is the company is not happy with some employees that went to eeoc to report discrimination (including me).

do you think the io will ask why the laid off? my gc is eb and I was with sponsor for 4 months after gc. I was on same field for 6.5 years. The last position I just got laid off for is similar but tittle is different than labor.

It's 5 years or more after your green card was approved. Getting laid off at this time won't affect your naturalization. They won't care why you lost your job, as long as it wasn't for criminal conduct.

I don't think unemployment will cause any problem on your case, unless you committed a crime, avoided filing tax, or received unemployment benefit for too long w/o looking for new jobs.

Last edited:
had my intervew this morning. no questions about it. a lot of questions aboit my qualifications and work as described on labor certification.

I passed. Waiting for oath at 2 pm

had my intervew this morning. no questions about it. a lot of questions aboit my qualifications and work as described on labor certification.

I passed. Waiting for oath at 2 pm
hi athenea im going next week the august 19 at baltimore office how was the the interview do you have any tips i know pretty much 80%of the questions congratulations great for you