wolfman

Registered Users (C)
Hi, all

As you may have known, CIS had transferred my Wife and my I485 cases
to Miami this July.

After that, I tried national service center, senator, congressman. ANd finally
I tried a lawyer to expedite my case. I don't know if my lawyer has done
anything good or it is just my turn, today I received three letters, one for
my wife's FP, the other two a interview appointment letter.

I guess I could see the light coming out after more than 950 days wait.
But I am also very nervous about the interview because CIS asked a lot of
documents in the interview letter:

###################################################
1. A Copy of the department of labor certification
2. stock certificate of U.S. coporation
3. submit articles of incorporation of the U.S. corporation
4. submit articles of incorporation of the foreign corporation
5. submit income tax declaration of the foreign corporation
6. submit copies of the U.S. coporate tax returns from the filing date of the I-140 petition to the present, certified by IRS
7. submit bank statements of the U.S. corporation or company from the filing date of the I-140 petion to the present
8. submit the wage and quarterly earning statements of the U.S. corporation or company from the filing date to the resent, certified by IRS
9. submit the address showing the physical location of the U.S. corporation or company where you actually work.
10. submit a copy of the lease agreement and occupational license of the U.S. corporation
11. submit the address of the physical location of the foreign corporation or company
12. provide description of duties and salary of the beneficiary from the parent corporation and the length of time he/she worked in that capacity
13. provide proof of the U.S. corporation activities (description of business, type of service or product).
14. submit copies of the beneficiary's income tax returns for the past three years, certified by IRS
15. submit a current letter offering employment from the petitioner describing duties to be performed and the salary offered to the beneficiary
16. provide telephone directory listing of the U.S. corporation and/or website address.
17. Your current driver license or other government issued photo ID

YOU MUST BRING ORIGINALS AND PHOTOCOPIES OF ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS
###################################################

I have only about 30 days to prepare all these documents and I wonder if I
can finish this tough job. I will call my lawyer for help. But meanwhile, I would
like any advice and ideas from you guys

Thanks a lot!

Wolfman,
This is absolutely the greatest news of the entire year! I am so happy for you. Congrats! Keep us posted on how the interview goes. All the best of luck!

It seems like the majority of the stuff they want is related to the company, and not you. I wonder if this is common?

I seem to remember that you contacted an elected official about your case, once with no help, and the other time it went a bit better. Did you go in person? Can you please post an example of the letter format you used for the Senator/Congressperson you contacted? I'm thinking I will have to do the same thing in my case.

Hi, CuriousGeorge

THank you very much for your kind words.

I personally don't think congressman/senator did any help on my inquiry. I guess it is either my lawyer did something magic or just my luck happened to arrive.

Anyway, below is the letter I wrote to congressman/senator. Hope this can
be of any help.

Good luck to both of us!

#################################################
Dear Congressman:

On march, 2002, My wife and I have filed my I485 application to USCIS (United States Citizenship and Immigration Service). A few weeks later, we got the receipt dated March xxth, 2002 from USCIS Texas Service Center. From that time, we waited for more than 850 days without any update. Then our cases was transferred to USCIS Miami Local office on July xxth, 2004.
According to USCIS official website, Miami Local office is currently processing case with receipt date of August 2003. This means my case is way ahead of it: 510 days or one and half year ahead. USCIS official website also indicated that:

“If you filed your case 30 days or more before the date shown on the chart, and you have not received a request for evidence, a decision, or another notice in the last thirty days, please call our National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283”

Therefore, on August xxth, 2004, after my case was transferred for more than 30 days, I called the National Customer Service Center. And they sent a case inquiry to Miami for me. But more than a 40 days passed and I still haven’t got any reply yet.

This whole application process is a very painful long journey for my wife and myself. Each and every year, we must renew our EAD (employment authorization document) for work, and advance parole (travel document) for travel. And each application will cost around 150 dollars. While USCIS can give a decision on our single 485 cases directly, they kept on ignoring it while at the same time happily working on 4 new cases each year. This seems very inefficient to me. We have already waited for more than 900 days and seems like the finish would never come.

Therefore I am asking for your help to ask Miami Local office why our case are pending with a receipt date 510 days earlier than its official processing time.
For your convenience, I have attached the following documents for your reference:
1. Copy of our I485 application receipts.
2. Current case status of our I485 applications on USCIS official website.
3. Report of current processing time of Miami office on USCIS official website.

Please give us a reply at your earliest convenience and your help will be greatly appreciated!

wolfman
#############################################

Thanks for the letter, I will try it later this week.

Did you also get an interview appointment for your wife? Since she has not done her fingerprints yet, I wonder how much delay this will add to her case. I wonder if she will get an approval at the interiew due to this. Have you emailed the FBI to find out if your name checks are done?

As I have said, I got three letters, one for my wife's FP, two for I485 interview. Interview date is December while FP date is any coming 90 days.

So my wife will get FP done this week and hopefully be cleared by the time
of interview.

Congrats

Wolfman,

If you don't mind sharing, who is the lawyer you think might have done the trick? I am in the same situation although my RD and ND is March 2004. I am worried that my case will sit in Miami for a long time so I want to take action to reduce the delay as much as I can.

Honestly my lawyers are useless and I was wondering if I should take the help of some other laywers at this point?

I am in ATL so its not possible for me to go to the Miami office in person. I should also add that my case is a little different because they have transferred my 140 to Miami as well.

thanks,

saras

Miami office Phone Number

Curiousgeorse, wolfman,

I remember from one your posts that you called the Miami office. Can one of you please give me the phone number. I am in Atlanta and my case is in Miami. I wanted to call and confirm that my cases are in Miami or not.

thanks,

saras

Another Interview Notice

A friend of mine and his wife got their another FP notices and Interview letters in mail in last two days respectively. Their cases were transferred to Miami office on May 15, 2004 with original receipt date at TSC on March 2002. It happened to them exactly the same way Wolfman described in this thread, two notices in two days. Their interview is scheduled for Nov 30, 2004.

CuriousGeorge,

Your date of Transfer looks closer to this date. So, I am keeping my fingres crossed for your interview notice anytime.

All the best to the rest of the Miami waiters.

FL2002Filer
RD : April 2002
FP : May 2003
TD : June 2004
Another FP : ????
AD : ????

FL2002Filer,
Thanks for the kind wishes. I am hopeful also after seeing these March 2002 cases get interview dates. My dates are very similar, but I've also come to accept that USCIS seems to do things with quite a bit of randomness, so although I'm hopeful, I'm continue to be a skeptical at the same time because my wife's case is still in TSC, and I tend to believe that this will delay the interview.

wolfman,
compguy222 may have a point. Although many people have gone to their EB interviews without a lawyer, there may be a reason why you got transferred, and having an experienced lawyer there may clear this up more easily. My lawyer has already told me that he will come with me to my eventual interview, even though he has been boggled over what the reason for the transfer could be, its possible that there is a reason that he missed, or it could have just been a random transfer. Better to be safe and have him by your side, than to have answered a question yourself in a context that could harm your case, and cause you more troubles in the end.

Compguy222, CuriousGeorge:

Thank you very much for your advice. I am also considering it now.

My lawyer will charge me 325 dollars if I just do a interview preparation
consultation. But a full service (including attending interview with me)
will cost 1750 dollars. That's a lot of money. Although I could try
to ask my company to recompensate (most probably my boss will refuse
to pay).

Do you guys think consultation will be good enough?

Just tell your boss its part of the process, and unfortunately your case was transferred, and you need the lawyer there.

During the consultation the lawyer will review your case, your personal immigration and non-immigration history, and explore all the possible reasons why your case may have been transferred and try to prepare you for any questions. I've gone through this with two lawyers already from 2 different law firms. Neither one could find anything wrong. In this respect, I would think the consultation alone would not do you much good. Its the surprise questions you want to be ready for, and that's where the lawyer comes in handy by your side, especially if you have a tendency of offering too much information, or answering questions with misleading answers. He won't answer any factual questions like name and DOB, but when it comes to tricky questions of immigration status, its nice to have someone who interprets the law in your favor. A lot of these lawyers have been to the local offices a lot of times, and they know many of the officers, so it eases the tension because they already have a previous history together, while you are the new guy. It really depends on how comfortable you feel with your case, and if the money is worth it for you to pay him.

Last edited by a moderator: