Got Confused After I spoke to IIO - My online status: "On June 27, 2004, your I485.."

truska

Registered Users (C)
Hi everyone,

I totally got confused after I spoke to an IIO....

Here is the story:
I did my 2nd FP in early June and it was received on 06/08/04. My online message said that the FP result was received on 06/08/04 ....etc.
I called CSC around that time (early June) and an IIO told me that my case was with an officer and it could take 30-60 days to process the case. I wasn't happy with the 30-60 days answer but I really didn't have any other choice :)
LUDs changed few times in June and about a week ago, my online status changed to:
"On June 27, 2004, your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status was received here for processing. It is taking between 660 and 660 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete."

Since it happened to a lot of people, I didn't make a big deal of it. I thought just a computer glitch...

Since a month passed by, today I called CSC again and asked them what's going on with my case. IIO said:
"Thay received my case on 06/27/04 from Los Angeles Downtown Office and it is in clerical stage and it will be assigned to an officer soon but do not except anything in the next month...."

What????? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I thought my case was with an officer already!! And now they are telling me that someone will work on it soon.
I asked him: Are you sure about this? And He said: "That's what the computer shows.."

Do you guys know why they transfering our cases all around?
Maybe the ""On June 27, 2004, your I485 Application..." message really means they just received our cases on that day?

RD 02/05/02
2nd FP 06/08/04
LUDs: 06/14, 15, 22, 23, 24 07/03, 05, 09

Hi

I am in the same boat like you. One thing I don't understand is why our cases are in Los Angeles Download Office. I am working in San Jose, my case is EB-2, which was filed in middle of 2002. It should be in the California Center Office, right?

Anyone can help here? Thanks a lot!!!!

Hi truska

Can you please let me know where you work? I really don't underatand why our cases are in Los Angeles Download Office?

Thanks

I work in Los Angeles and my case was filed at the California Service Center in February 2002. I have no idea why it was transfered to Downtown LA and now it is going back to CSC.

WAC 02-103

For yours, it makes sense because you are working in Los Angeles, but mine is not because I am working in San Jose.

Good luck to us!!!

strange message !

Yesterday the message on my case was changed to like like the same message that you have. I am wondering any thing happend to your case ?

kmohamm said:
Yesterday the message on my case was changed to like like the same message that you have. I am wondering any thing happend to your case ?

Hi Everyone,

DO NOT PANIC, if you are in the same situation!!

My case was approved on 07/13/04!!!!

See this:

http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=134414

Everyone is saying different things if you call USCIS....
You cannot believe them! Probably something is true if 2-3 different person will say the same thing to you, otherwise keep it in mind: "Maybe he's wrong!"

See my case for evidence....

Good luck to you!!!