Got Canadian PR but want to work in USA.

NEED INFO

HI GUYS:
MY PLAN IS TO ENTER CANADA TO ENSURE THAT MY \'LANDING PERMIT\' DOES NOT EXPIRE. I AM WITH A GOOD COMPANY IN U S NOW.

I AM GOING TO MENTION AT THE PORT OF ENTRY THAT
 \'I WOULD BE GETTING BACK TO USA IN COUPLE OF DAYS AND RETURN TO CANADA WITHIN ANOTHER 6 MONTHS TIME. WILL THERE BE ANY CONCERNS ?.

ALSO, AS MY INTENT NOW IS TO JUST VISIT IN ORDER TO ENSURE THAT THE DEADLINE PER PERMIT DOES NOT EXPIRE, IS THERE ANY THING WRONG IN TELLING THE CANADIAN AUTHORITIES MY TRUE INTENTION. WILL THIS JEOPARDISE MY POSITION IN ANY WAY. AFTER ALL, I AM TELLING THE FACT.

GURUS, PLEASE GIVE YOUR VALID OPINION.
THIS ALSO WILL ENABLE ME NOT TO CARRY MUCH MONEY.
THANKS FOR THE ANY INPUT PLEASE.

Hey ..you are back !

I would recommend not to volenteer any information than that was explicitly asked of you.
Nice to know you are settled on the east coast...if you want to land use the buffalo or niagara falls border, I have crossed there one time in each place and it was simple.

What if I carry less than $ 10,000 ( I have only USD 5000 now )

Thanks for your message tt tt.

What if I carry less than $10,000.

As I am going to settle in canada only after a few months, can I justify the balance for less amount now.

The fact is "I dont have" and "I have never borrowed from any body and I dont want to".

Could you give your opinion.

Also I am planning to go through Detroit ( not buffalo ). Any concerns that you know of.

Thanks for your time and input.

Rgds,

No..you need to show the $10K or required amount at the time of landing.

If you dont want to carry it , you can show a US bank statement
with the requrired amount and you could be fine.

I dont know about detriot/windsor border, but I heard some
bad landing experiances on this board and on misc.immigration.canada
 @ deja.com . I am not trying to scare you but I think you must be
aware of this.

But you really need to show the requried money in hand at the time
of landing, otherwise it may just raise more questions .

Thanks tt tt

Thanks tt tt.

I think I can talk to my Bankers with whom I have some credit line and arrange to transfer some money to my account for some time.

Thanks for your time.

Rgds,

no problem

no problem. say you are in transition period at the port of entry.
in any case u have to decide if u want canada pr or work in usa.
Problems will start after 180 days if you are still not in canada.

Query

Can TN visa holders(canadian Citizens)apply for U.S. immigration through employer?

Thanks.
Mir.

You can enter canada less than 10K

I hv enetered Canada by air from US for my Canadian PR and immigration authorities don\'t even bothered abt my funds (but not sure abt now). I was having less than 5K and their main worries were whether I will come back again to US to work. Once u land canada funds should not be problem, I prefer going by air for stamping Canadian PR.

All the best.