Got an Interview letter

amishah

Registered Users (C)
Finaly I got my Interview letter day before yesterday. It was not too long waiting after my fingerprint.
But my Interview is on 5th January, 2005 :eek: So they have sent me a notice two months earlier. Its like hold this for 2 months and PLEASE DON'T BUG US. but hey I am happy atleast I don't have to wonder what's going on in my case.
I have one question though, in my Interview Notice they have asked me for "Any evidence of selective services". I am a girl, and have read in the Naturalization Guide that male between 18-26 has to register for selective services. Now do I have to register for it or its just a standard letter from INS for everyone? Since I have plenty of time if I have to register in any.
Also how do I find out when they are scheduling the oath ceremony in my area? My DO is Memphis and zip is 72120.
Thanks you all
Application date: Mid April, 2004
FP Date: 28th September, 2004
Interview Date: 5th January, 2005

amishash:
I remember getting my interview letter 5 months prior, so i would not worry about it.
I think the letters with requirements on what to bring with you are generic, regardless of gender. I just ignored the remark about selective service. Does not apply to females.
Good luck

Amishah:
Congrats.....
its not uncommon to get the interview letter couple of months before as I have seen with my friends.
Sent you message.

Memphis DO is reporting PD as June 2003. From your case and others, it appears the numbers reported by the DOs are all bull.
It's good your case is progressing faster than what they report. But really one has no reliable dates to go by, say in case of say a delay in calling for oath.

I know. You can not rely on this dates posted by DOs. I am keeping my finger crossed for my Oath. I am trying to find out that how many times in a Month/Year, they schedules the Oath Ceremony. But so far no success. I tried Googling.
I have still long way to go with INS. I have to file petition for my husband who is on H1 B visa right now...
Will keep you updated..
Thanks,

Hi all.
Here is my interview experience.
I was schedule for an interview at 9.30. I reached there at 8.00 a.m (its 2.5 hours drive from my home and didn't wanted to take any chance with my old car, so I left very early). I waited for 45 mins in car and then went inside at 8.45. Passed through security and went on second floor which was full of about 50 pepole who were waiting for citizenship and AOS interview. I droped the letter in drop box. At 9.23 a lady called my name. I followed her. She was not rude nor friendly. I can say she was very professional. I never got to know her name as she never told me. I tried to read it on her ID but it was cover in sweater. (I really wanted to know her name.) She never went through any formalities like "have a seat", "Good Morning" nothing...
She asked me my driving license, passport anf GC. She started going through my application confirming that all information are still current and correct. Without any pause she asked me to write a simple sentance and asked about 8 question from those 100 questions. She asked me if i have got new photos with me since the one I had submitted is no longer valid. I didn't had those so she asked me to mail it out to the DO. I asked her if I get it done today, can I submit it and she said Yes. Then she said I have passed the test. She marked a paper saying that I have passed the English and History test.

Here comes the sad part. She said since I live in Arkansas, I come under Arkansas juridiction so I can go for Oath in Arkansas but some time they are very strict and they want you to attend the ceremony in Memphis. She was not sure when the next ceremony will be held. She said they do it when they have certain number of people for the ceremony. So its just uncertain
I hate uncertainity.

Now I don't know whether my Name Check is cleared or not. At that time since she hasn't said anything about it, it is done. But now I am having doubt. I should have asked her at that time but she was speaking like a machine gun and I was nervous
So I went at the window. There wasn't many pepole waiting there. I asked the lady there and she said I passed the interview doesn't mean I am done. It has to got through some Quality Assurance Procedure.
I asked her if she can check whether my Name check is cleared or not and she said she can not.
Sonow I don't know what to do. I will wait for a month for Oath letter and If I won't see any thing in mail probably I will start working on finding my status.

BTW after interview I went on forth floor where they have a photo studio. I got my two pictures done and gave it to her.
So please take two new standard photos with you.
If anyone have any question on this, I will be happy to answer.

My timeline
PD 19th April, 2004
FP 28th September, 2004
Interview 5th Jan, 2005
Oath ??? I hate uncertainity

amishah said:
I know. You can not rely on this dates posted by DOs. I am keeping my finger crossed for my Oath. I am trying to find out that how many times in a Month/Year, they schedules the Oath Ceremony. But so far no success. I tried Googling.
I have still long way to go with INS. I have to file petition for my husband who is on H1 B visa right now...
Will keep you updated..
Thanks,

I am glad you're done with your inteview. Hopefully, you'll get your oath letter soon.
Here is how I got the schedule for oath ceremonies in CA. In yahoo I searched for "oath ceremony dates in CA". The first result I got linked me to the Schedule of Naturalization Ceremonies at the following address: http://www.cacd.uscourts.gov/cacd/GenInfo.nsf/0/4e345f626837d38788256815005aa932?OpenDocument.
I tried to do the same for TN (you're in Tennessee, right?). No luck so far.
Good luck to you.

Anahit

Anahit said:
I am glad you're done with your inteview. Hopefully, you'll get your oath letter soon.
Here is how I got the schedule for oath ceremonies in CA. In yahoo I searched for "oath ceremony dates in CA". The first result I got linked me to the Schedule of Naturalization Ceremonies at the following address: http://www.cacd.uscourts.gov/cacd/GenInfo.nsf/0/4e345f626837d38788256815005aa932?OpenDocument.
I tried to do the same for TN (you're in Tennessee, right?). No luck so far.
Good luck to you.

Anahit

Thanks Anahit.
I have tried several time Googling to find the schedule but no luck.

n 400 timeline dallas

Hi,
I am in the same position as you. My husband is on H-1 too and we are waiting for my citizenship to apply for his gc.

My timeline:
PD : Aug 2004
Fp : Sep 2004
INterviews scheduled : Feb 2005.

Let us see how lucky we are with Name Check and Oath Letter,
Thanks a lot for your detailed information and postings.
Please update about your name check status or when you recieve the oath.

We are from Dallas Tarrant county , so our oath timeline will be different.

amishash:
don't worry about it. just be patient. i also had a very cold interviewer and i was told "the decision can not be made at this point..." and i also passed the civics test....she was very cold and very impersonal...a lot of them are...just told me that the name check has to clear...
i am done now with my process, but i waited 4.5 months after my interview before i got my oath letter!
i am not saying "don't do anything", but i am just saying "be patient"
each case is different...they asked you for the new pics...they did not ask me for any new pics during my interview.
i wish you all the best!

mfar said:
amishash:
don't worry about it. just be patient. i also had a very cold interviewer and i was told "the decision can not be made at this point..." and i also passed the civics test....she was very cold and very impersonal...a lot of them are...just told me that the name check has to clear...
i am done now with my process, but i waited 4.5 months after my interview before i got my oath letter!
i am not saying "don't do anything", but i am just saying "be patient"
each case is different...they asked you for the new pics...they did not ask me for any new pics during my interview.
i wish you all the best!

The thing is, I am not sure the decision has been made on my case or not. She didn't say anything like "the decision can not be made... or your name check is not clear.." nothing. So I am not sure should I start working on my name check or not.
Thanks,

amishah said:
The thing is, I am not sure the decision has been made on my case or not. She didn't say anything like "the decision can not be made... or your name check is not clear.." nothing. So I am not sure should I start working on my name check or not.
Thanks,
amishah,
when i got my interview "results" letter, she marked two things on it:
1. passed the civics test
2. decision can not be made at this point. ins will contact you blah blah
does your form have similar options?
then she said that they have to wait till "your name clears"
she did not say how long it was gonna take either, and i was shy to ask, since she was not very pleasant anyway, and very cold.
the funny thing is, i placed my request with fbi but heard nothing...i already got naturalized and still no e-mail! somebody on this forum said they are processing e-mails sent in early november...that's when i sent mine...i am just curious to see whether they respond...
if i were you, i would wait...i waited 3 months before started bugging them...

After my interview, she gave me this letter. It doesn't say anything about The case has approved, denied or pending. Does every one has received this kind of letter?
mfar, can you please confirm this?

the letter you posted is different than the interview I got. Mine has the same things about passing tests, but has another section at the bottom which says "Recommend for approval, a decision cannot be made at this time etc.."

Mine was Arlington VA DO. Thanks

mgh2001 said:
the letter you posted is different than the interview I got. Mine has the same things about passing tests, but has another section at the bottom which says "Recommend for approval, a decision cannot be made at this time etc.."

Mine was Arlington VA DO. Thanks
Thanks.
Well looks like my DO which is Memphis has its own way. I don't know why they don't have one standardize procedure.