got a traffic warning and housing court...

gigaman

Registered Users (C)
...not an actual ticket or citation, didn't have to pay anything or appear in court or nothing. Also had an issue with the landlord; they accused us of breaking the toilet. We went to housing court and settled the case.

So this is my question: the N-400 application, Part 10 , Question# 15: Have you ever committed a crime or offense for which you were not arrested?

Do any of the circumstances stated above qualify as an "offense"?
I am just being super extra careful because I would hate to be caught off guard during the interview or make it seem like I lied on my application.

Thank you!

Housing court is a civil issue, not a criminal one. A traffic warning is also not an offense. A traffic ticket is a citation, which should be answered with a YES for the question "have you ever been cited.."

thanks nkm. Now my next question (and I m just sort of wondering here)... I doubt the DMV record would show "traffic warnings"... I ll have to check. but its an open question for anybody out there.

thanks nkm. Now my next question (and I m just sort of wondering here)... I doubt the DMV record would show "traffic warnings"... I ll have to check. but its an open question for anybody out there.

It is unlikely that DMV records will show warnings.

I ll ask the Police dept. of the town where I got the warning and find out If they can produce a written proof. Thanks again!