Got a certified mail from SFO for my daughters OCI application.

mnsweeps

Registered Users (C)
we were not there so dont know what it is. we had applied about 1 month back for my 2 yrs old US citizen daugher...what can it be?

mnsweeps said:
we were not there so dont know what it is. we had applied about 1 month back for my 2 yrs old US citizen daugher...what can it be?
if you are still Indian citizens, then it's probably the OCI application rejection..

tdesai said:
if you are still Indian citizens, then it's probably the OCI application rejection..

what ??? why should my daughters ( US citizen) application be rejected if we are Indian citizens ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Shribuy said:
http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1509566&postcount=12

Read that post -- explains it. If you are Indian citizens, your kids can only get PIO. When you apply for OCI, they can also apply for OCI, but it appears that getting the PIO and then converting it to OCI for a kid is, in fact, cheaper.

she has PIO...this is crazy..all the time and effort in vain...yeah you can say i did not read the FAqs but what the hell is this she is eligible for pio but not OCI thing...typical laws which makes no sense.

mnsweeps said:
she has PIO...this is crazy..all the time and effort in vain...yeah you can say i did not read the FAqs but what the hell is this she is eligible for pio but not OCI thing...typical laws which makes no sense.

not your fault since probably when you applied, they never stated in the FAQ that children of Indian citizen can't apply for OCI. They seem to have added it recently in the FAQ..A friend of mine's child application was also rejected on the same basis and I believe he had the earlier version of the FAQ printout wherein nothing was stated about OCI eligibility for parents with Indian citizenship..

OCI application rejection

Yes it happend to me. When I am applying OCI for
my daughter, they do not have this information on
their FAQ. Now they rejected our daughter application.

OCI application rejection

I wasnt aware of this rule either. My daughters OCI application was rejected. I thought it was a mistake and resent it. It came back again. But I do know of friends who got OCI with parents being indian citizens. Is this some kind of a new rule? If so, what happens to earlier issued OCIs on same basis.

The lazy morons at the consulate are complete idiots...they keep changing the rules and dont notify anyone...Their FAQs are so lame...completely unprofessional.

mnsweeps said:
The lazy morons at the consulate are complete idiots...they keep changing the rules and dont notify anyone...Their FAQs are so lame...completely unprofessional.
Some responsibility is shared by us as applicants also. We should do our homework. The latest OCI rules are on MEA's web site, and have been there for some months now. They were also posted in this newsgroup some time back, but I guess not enough people have the patience to read them. Thats what is unfortunate too.
Before submitting our applications, we should, as a best practice, always cross check details from the master authority also.

I can only guess at the thankless job that the consulate people must have - process all these thousands of requests for every different kind of service that they provide to Indian and Foreign citizens in their jurisdiction, and still be called morons just because they may be understaffed for the amount of work they should do.

Don't get me wrong, I can see your frustation and agree with you in what you wanted to convey that they should definitely do a better job, but we as responsible adults should also accept some responsibility and be a little more 'aware'.

mnsweeps,

Your timeline shows that you are a naturalized US citizen, then why did your daughter's application get rejected?
You are not an Indian citizen anymore, right?
I am confused...
Please clarify...

rac23 said:
mnsweeps,

Your timeline shows that you are a naturalized US citizen, then why did your daughter's application get rejected?
You are not an Indian citizen anymore, right?
I am confused...
Please clarify...

we got our citizenship on oct 25 and we had applied for our daughters OCI back in august.