Got a call from Passport Office for Vistor Visa Verification

Asif2000

Registered Users (C)
My wife and I are U.S citizens. My wife's brother applied for Visit visa back home (in Pakistan) last year and hasn't received his passport back yet. He has visited here couple times before. He has listed my wife as a point of contact on the application form.

We got a call from Dallas Passport Office about verifying his biographic information with my wife to be able to adjudicate the process. The officer wants to meet with my wife in the Passport Office.

We have had relatives visit us in the past but has never had anyone call to verify. Is this a normal process now? Has anyone heard about it? Should we be cautious going in?

Thanks!

She can initiate the call to the office to verify it is legitimate. It is not improper when called or approached by a person representing himself to be in an official capacity to verify his credentials. She could always frame it as confirming or scheduling an appointment time.

You got a call from the State Department, not the passport office :)
State department issues passports to US citizens. Regardless, if they want you to meet them, then do so. Nothing to be worried about.

We got a call from Dallas Passport Office about verifying his biographic information with my wife to be able to adjudicate the process. The officer wants to meet with my wife in the Passport Office.