• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

good news.........More entries will be selected in early October 2012

i do believe the same numbers can be in different regions,that's why they use the ''AF'' or ''AS'' in the beginning of every CN to identify what CN number belong to certain place.

do you guys think the CN number of the new winners in Oct could be various just like the previous winners,or they are no doubt that they will just get very high rank number? are not they going to give disqualified CN(gaps) to the new winners since they are not going to use them any more?

if they give high rank numbers to the new winners then they will probably face a huge problem to finish giving their visa them before 30September 2013.

any thoughts??

You seem quite obsessed which is not healthy. If you put in your DV2012 number (yes 2012 not 2013), you will see they use exactly the same message -- "More entries will be selected in early October 2012"..... So that message with the word "will" appears for both DV2012 and DV2013. Therefore, seeing that message doesn't mean anything and no one should think one way or the other. The Asian numbers this year are very low but it doesn't mean there will be any more selections. In fact, if you look at DV2006 the last number that appeared in the Visa Bulletin before Asia became "current" was 7,700. That is incredibly low. Moreover, other regions like Africa, Europe etc for DV2013 doesn't show any real difference in numbers compared to last year. So I think you should lower expectations and certainly this thread heading can be quite misleading. Anyway, just my 2 pence. You are of course justified to think what you like but I am just pointing out the truths to those reading the thread title.

You seem quite obsessed which is not healthy. If you put in your DV2012 number (yes 2012 not 2013), you will see they use exactly the same message -- "More entries will be selected in early October 2012"..... So that message with the word "will" appears for both DV2012 and DV2013. Therefore, seeing that message doesn't mean anything and no one should think one way or the other. The Asian numbers this year are very low but it doesn't mean there will be any more selections. In fact, if you look at DV2006 the last number that appeared in the Visa Bulletin before Asia became "current" was 7,700. That is incredibly low. Moreover, other regions like Africa, Europe etc for DV2013 doesn't show any real difference in numbers compared to last year. So I think you should lower expectations and certainly this thread heading can be quite misleading. Anyway, just my 2 pence. You are of course justified to think what you like but I am just pointing out the truths to those reading the thread title.

Obsessed is a slightly strong term, furthermore this is a relatively constructive and interesting thread; it's not unhealthy in the slightest. If one enters their DV-2012 number, and receives that same message it's almost certainly because it is now a stock template for the ESC website in general as it was not there prior to the DV-2013 results. Hence it is indicative that lessons have been learnt since the DV-2012 “fiasco”, and in order to insure that applicants do not discard their Confirmation Numbers immediately or soon after finding out their (negative) results, it is displayed. It will almost certainly continue to be displayed for as long as the Diversity Visa continues to be in existence in this format for this very reason.

Whether or not there will be further selectees is a matter of much conjecture; however what is guaranteed is the retrospective placement of that message for DV-2012 selectees does not negate that possibility for the DV-2013 selectees who were first greeted by this message.

do you guys think the CN number of the new winners in Oct could be various just like the previous winners,or they are no doubt that they will just get very high rank number?
Any new winner would have a very high number, if any.

Oh my dear, you are picking and reading each sentence of mine individually, read the whole passage, and read them in context.
You don't agree that "case numbers are never equal to the total no. of winners for a continent."
Then what do you say about this, last year 16000 Asian winners, and 65000 case numbers. Do you mean that we had 65000 Asian winners last year, absolutely not.

And as I have said in my reply, that Africans below 5700 could exist, there is no doubt about it. Asians about 5700 could also exist. This is some kind of mechanism to achieve balancing. And KCC must be using a very complex algorithm to achieve the case number, we certainly don't know all about that algorithm. I am just pointing a specific aspect of it.
And again, case numbers for a continent is not equal to the no. of winners for that contienent,a nd we can't have two same case numbers for two differet continents.
And please read all of my passage, don't just pick one sentence out of context!

im from nepal. my case number is 87xx and i've seen a person having case number 12x. so the total selectees is not equal to case number.

The total numbr of winners published does not include family members. At the same time some numbers are assigned to winners, and some numbers are not assigned to winners - there are gaps in the numbers
That is why both the number of winners with family members and the maximum number are higher then the numbers of winners published.

Any new winner would have a very high number, if any.

It would mean that new winners would affect the cut-off pace for Asia. Asia would move faster if new winners are seleced. Wouldn't it?

Need you urgent help pls!

Hi all,

I didn't find a forum for Europe selectees so maybe you can help me?.
Me and my wife have lived in many countries since we are 16 and getting the police records from everywhere is not an easy task, especially considering that we need to get from Peru, Argentina, south Africa, Switzerland, Spain, etc. Do you recommend getting them ASAP or wait until I get the 2NL? The police records dont expire after 3 months or so? We have all the other paperwork done and the translator waiting for us.
I also lived in the us under a J-1 visa. I don't believe I need to get my police records from us right? They should have it all in my SSN!
Also, my CN is 2013EU00010xxx. When do you think my interview will be? I just read the last bulletin and Europe cut off is 7000. Quite low right? What do you think?

Thank you so much? Hope you can answer my questions

DV2013EU00010xxx
Entry Checked:May 1,2012
Forms sent to KCC:June 18th,2012(via FedEx)
Forms received by KCC:June 19th,2012
Confirmed by KCC by phone
2nd NL: NOT YET
Police C.O.G.C : NOT YET
Medicals: NOT YET
Interview: NOT YET

Agreed.

Why not?? The CNs individually should amount to the total number of winners.

This analogy I understand but equality in the DV??.Africa almost gets 50% or thereabouts of the DV allocation with the rest being divided across the continents.This is probably due to other types of visas (work & family) being used up by the other continents.

Definitely.

For Kenya alone,we have 4 CNs below 5700 of which 2 of them have already received their 2nd NLs;how do u explain that from ur above statement.

What I know is this,there are at least 4 Kenyans with CNs below 5700.The October cut-offs for Egypt,Ethiopia & Nigeria is 5500 which is below 5700..Obviously KCC/VO knows something that we don't know of which they would rather keep to themselves.

Hi,

I think you should start gathering all your documents because some of them take long to get them or even if not long they are complicated to get like a police record from Peru for instance (you need to be present in Peru or in the nearest Peruvian consulate to get them because they take your fingerprints). I also think those records have a expiration date so yo can calculate when your case becomes current and time it. As far as I know, you don't need police records from the USA if you're doing AOS but you'd better call the USA embassy if you are not in the USA anymore to be sure about this.

Pryanik :)

I checked today and it changed and now it says :

Based on the information provided, the Entry HAS NOT BEEN SELECTED for further processing for the Electronic Diversity Visa program at this time. Please note that more entries may be selected on October 1, 2012 at noon (EDT), and we encourage you to keep your confirmation information to check again at that time to see if you have been selected.

I checked today and it changed and now it says :

Based on the information provided, the Entry HAS NOT BEEN SELECTED for further processing for the Electronic Diversity Visa program at this time. Please note that more entries may be selected on October 1, 2012 at noon (EDT), and we encourage you to keep your confirmation information to check again at that time to see if you have been selected.

And how would we know if they do select more winners in 1st October??? Will they make an annoucement or something? Or do we have to look for those winners on forums like this????

Diversity Visa (Green Card Lottery) Applicants:

Never pay money to another individual to apply for you. There is no cost to apply for the Diversity Visa lottery, and you are ultimately responsible for the content of your application. Errors or omissions can result in cancellation of your application. If you chose to pay for assistance at a Cyber Café, make sure you verify that all information entered on the application form is correct.
Av seen many people being selected but can't ask any quiz coz KCC won't answer since they entered some typo during the eDV

Positive October

So much believe that this October will be POSITIVE for me. ALL MY DOCUMENT ARE READY.........................JUST WAITING PATIENTLY FOR OCTOBER

only 6 days and we will see what the new draw brings to us, we should thank KKC for giving us this second chance,sure this chance will change the life of so many people to the better!

am keeping good thoughts while counting, oct 1st aint far no more, 5 days remaining. am wishing everybody the best!!!

But

am keeping good thoughts while counting, oct 1st aint far no more, 5 days remaining. am wishing everybody the best!!!

mama english u come to immigration forume from nairaland u are welcome,but mine u no abusive word here.

I wish everyone best of luck in the next draw, be it the October 1st one or the upcoming DV-2014!! (gosh I'm getting old)