Schedule A Workers C C C C C
Other Workers 01OCT00 01OCT00 01OCT00 01OCT00 01OCT00
4th C C C C C
Certain Religious Workers C C C C C
5th C C C C C
Targeted Employment Areas/Regional Centers

MORE INFO BELOW
D. EMPLOYMENT PREFERENCE VISA AVAILABILTIY

Many of the Employment preference cut-off dates have advanced for the month of December. This is being done based on the amount of demand currently being received from Citizenship and Immigration Services (CIS) for adjustment of status cases, and consideration for CIS’s processing procedures and staffing patterns. Applicant demand for numbers may be expected to increase following rapid advances in the cut-off dates. This could cause cut-off date movement to be sporadic, and eventually slow or stop later in the fiscal year. At this time, it is not possible to predict the rate of movement in future months.

Sorry guys cant wait to format the msg. above but to share good news with you guys.

Thanks!
SafeNH

Not a bad way to end the work week. Its not much of a move, atleast for me, but we are getting there. Hopefully with the new bill/regulations, it will leap to Oct 2002. Thats the way to go!!

Thanks for the update!!

thanks for the update...

by the way...what was the last bulletin status for EB3 India?.....after retrogression I have stopped even looking at it....

AlienBhai said:
At this rate after 14 months EB3 should get current :D

The cutoff dates will not move linearly i.e., it won't be 1 month for every month or at a constant speed. These are estimates of some no-name clerk or bureaucrat in Washington DC. They are humans and will err.

For India,
EB2 has moved from Nov 99 to Jul 2000 in 2 months.
EB3 has moved from Jan 98 to Jan 99 in 2 months.
Both of these are because the bureaucrats in DC overestimated the waiting line (and screwed all of us). Now they realize there are not that many people with PDs in 98 or 99. So they moved it forward quick.

I predict that the dates will move forward rapidly for both EB2 and EB3 until they reach April 2001. Once the cutoff dates reach April 2001, it will stay there for a very, very long time. If your priority date is before April 2001, hang in there, it's not long. If you're after, it's bad news for you.

Legislation is the only way out ..

emailraja said:
The cutoff dates will not move linearly i.e., it won't be 1 month for every month or at a constant speed. These are estimates of some no-name clerk or bureaucrat in Washington DC. They are humans and will err.

For India,
Both of these are because the bureaucrats in DC overestimated the waiting line (and screwed all of us). Now they realize there are not that many people with PDs in 98 or 99. So they moved it forward quick.

I predict that the dates will move forward rapidly for both EB2 and EB3 until they reach April 2001. Once the cutoff dates reach April 2001, it will stay there for a very, very long time. If your priority date is before April 2001, hang in there, it's not long. If you're after, it's bad news for you.

emailraja,

A lot of what you say makes sense but no one really knows whats in store. There are a lot of doomsday scenarios for April 2001 but whats the point of worrying about that right now. Our priority at this point should be to support immigration reform bills that will bring instant relief to a lot of people. Waiting around for some DC hack to move the dates beyond ones PD is not the best option at this point. We can speculate all we want .. no one really has a clue as to whats in store.

regards,

saras76

emailraja said:

For India,

emailraja,

Why/How did you figure April 2001?

April 2001

justanovice said:
emailraja,

Why/How did you figure April 2001?

justanovice,

When Bush came into office he passed legislation that allowed thousands of illegal immigrants to file for their GCs before April 2001. Since the deadline was April 2001, thousands upon thousands of last minute cases were filed in local state labor offices right before April 2001. This caused huge delays for Labor apps. I got suck in that mess and my state labor took 2 years to clear. Anyway, the fear is that those April 2001 cases are still pending and the backlog has now moved to the Service Centers. I myself am not sure exactly how this impacts EB3 IND or for that matter other categories. Someone else may have more insight into this.

Anyway, I don't think we should worry ourselves with April 2001 just yet. It is a fruitless excercise. Lets try to concentrate on what we can do to improve this situation rather than worry about some doomsday scenario.

regards,

saras76

How?

Please help me understand how does April 01 (amnesty for ill-legal immigrants) cases affect us sepcially when we have fix quota for each country.

Since BCIS decided to follow PD for approval process. I think that if there are any approved labor with PD April 01 and also from India then anyway they are in the queue and will get processed before us.

Chances of Indian Ill-legal Immigrant and that too in EB2 category with adjustment ready 485 will be less than immigrant from South American countries.

emailraja said:

For India,

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, that is what I also think....

Question 1 - If I understand right, the people who have filed in April 2001 then that is not their priority date - their approval date is their priority date. This should be staggering over 2-3 years from April 2001 - which is till till 2003 or 2004.

Question 2 - Every country has fixed quota - the liklihood of people from India with illigal status and filing for GC in EB2 and EB3 - I believe is remote.

All valid points

abc94536 said:

Question 1 - If I understand right, the people who have filed in April 2001 then that is not their priority date - their approval date is their priority date. This should be staggering over 2-3 years from April 2001 - which is till till 2003 or 2004.

Question 2 - Every country has fixed quota - the liklihood of people from India with illigal status and filing for GC in EB2 and EB3 - I believe is remote.

Guys,

These are all valid points and I have been thinking of all this as well. I was just explaining what the "fear" related to April 01 is. Whether it is real is another question. I presonally do not think that it will cause massive delays for 00-01 filers but there is no way to figure this out.

I think its best to not think about April 01 right now. Its all speculation at this point.

regards,

saras76

I agree with Sudh and Saras76.
But where did you get the following info from
--
the people who have filed in April 2001 then that is not their priority date - their approval date is their priority date

If this is true it is a great news for all of us

--Naveen Oshos

abc94536 said:

abc94536 said:

This is news to me. For 245i filers, the PD is their approval date. abc94536, where did u get this info from?

Thats a good question I would also like to know - where did we get the info regd. huge labor filing in April 2001.

The point I was making was that the labor approval date decides the PD not the filing date so we should not worry about the year and month of April 2001 as such because the approvals for the filed April 2001 case may be staggering over next 2-3 years from April 2001.

Besides, I am trying to be positive - after the first EB3 retrogression the current processing date remained in year 2002 for a long time. So I am hoping most of these case may have already been taken care of. Again, only time will tell.....

abc94536 said:

In your Q1 are you trying to say that the approval date of the LC is the PD. I thought It was the other way round that the date of Application of LC is the PD. Please clarify.

Priority Dates

Here are my 2 cents....

Things that can affect the movement of the priority dates:

1) %of Indian applicants in the 245i pool and the chances of the cases' approvals in both labor and 140 stages
2) Processing speed of the BECs (remember there are tons of non 245i cases)
3) Change of laws (what if the provisions in the S 1932 can not be enacted into the law)
4) Other (Labor substitution, people leaving the country etc)

Looks like the state department itself could not estimate the demand for the visa numbers. Its policy seems to be move the dates slowly, observe the demand and act accordingly.

If the state department had followed its own formula for setting the priority dates, that has been stated in the previous visa bulletin, the dates would not have been retrogressed so far back to the1990s.

Remember that the state department itself stated in its October bulletin that the forward movement of the priority dates is likely to be limited. If that statement is correct and if it is based on some valid data why all of a sudden a one-year jump in the priority dates?

The bottom line is that any attempts to predict the movement of the priority dates (especially for the Eb3) are futile. Even with the possession of all the relevant data, the state department failed to set valid and realistic cut of dates.

The system is broken!

"Thats a good question I would also like to know - where did we get the info regd. huge labor filing in April 2001.

The point I was making was that the labor approval date decides the PD not the filing date so we should not worry about the year and month of April 2001 as such because the approvals for the filed April 2001 case may be staggering over next 2-3 years from April 2001.

Besides, I am trying to be positive - after the first EB3 retrogression the current processing date remained in year 2002 for a long time. So I am hoping most of these case may have already been taken care of. Again, only time will tell....."

The date of filing for labor is the PD not the date when labor is approved.

supply_demand said:
The date of filing for labor is the PD not the date when labor is approved.

I second that. I have always known the PD to be the date the LC was filed, not the date that it was approved. Also you can check your 140 approval notice...your PD will be on there if you are not sure.