Good News @ ASC Dallas for FP/Bio

Does this thread inspires you ?

• Total voters

piyalove

Registered Users (C)
Hi Follow-Kin :eek: :( :mad: :confused: ,

Today I decided to have my FP/Bio done by walk-in at ASC Dallas office at 3701 W Northwest Hwy, Dallas, TX and was successful ! I would like to share my experience with you all !

Here is what happened:

Yesterday, I got my NOA. I called USCIS (8 am) to make an appointment for fingerprinting, the date I got is September 24. That is 55 days far away!!!

I decided on the inspired advise of Meers (a Registered User at this portal) to do walk-in at ASC Dallas at the above address.

I reached at 1.30 pm. The receptionist the gentleman officer asked for my passport and NOA, then he gave me a clip-board with a form to fill in. I took 2 minutes to fill it. The form asked normal stuff like: Name, address, phone number, nationality, date of birth & country, SSN, A#, ASC code, etc.

After filling, I was asked to show that form to a lady officer who took my passport and drivers license to verify the info on that form. Then she asked me to see my hands and fingers etc. Then she gave me a number # 71. There was only one couple before me, filling a form like mine.

I was told to have a seat and wait. I waited for 2 minutes then another lady officer called numbers from the electronic number display... 69, 70 (none were there) then she asked number 71 (that's me) I was asked to follow her to the next room.

In the next large room there were six or seven work stations for finger printing. One of those work stations had two customers(?). I was asked to sit on a seat. Then another gentleman officer asked to come over to his workstation.

He took my NOA, Passport and drivers license with the number 71 ticket. He pointed me to sit at a seat in this work-station. He took time to wear two set of gloves, when done he asked me to come near the computer where he was entering my info from the form onto the computer. Which I find it was correct and okayed every detail. He clicked okay and continued....

He sprayed my hand (one by one) with some spirit based liquid and wiped it off with a napkin. He took my left hand four fingers print on this electronic device followed by the thumb. Then the right hand was done in the same manner. Then he asked one of his colleague to witness his work, then he took my ten fingers print on the same device one by one... then he asked me to take a seat so that he will take my photograph. He did and after this his colleague came and witness the whole process. Then the first officer gave me a yellow piece of paper and asked me to fill in the service satisfaction report which was simple to fill in. It took me 30 seconds to do that.

The officer asked me to drop that yellow paper in a box and then I was told that's it! Have a nice day!!

I thanked the office and the lady officer at the reception and the first officer I met at the enterance.

I had my finger printing done ... within 15 minutes!!!

I wish this type of service existed in all departments! Wonderful staff at ASC Dallas at 3701 W Northwest Hwy, Dallas, TX.

I called my wife and gave her the good news! She was very happy to hear all this !!

Now it's the next step forward... what's next???!!! I am sure it will be enlightening as it was today!

Love and best wishes to all who inspired me, especially MEERS (a registered member at this portal... a big thank you to you Sir/Madam!!!)

Piyalove
:cool: :cool: :cool:
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
----------------------

Timeline:

25 July 2005 : (Day 01) Forms submitted @ DORA Dallas
25 July 2005 : (Day 01) Interview for 5 minutes
29 July 2005 : (Day 05) NOA Processed - I-485
29 July 2005 : (Day 05) NOA Processed - I-130
01 Aug 2005 : (Day 08) Received NOA - I-485
01 Aug 2005 : (Day 08) Received NOA - I-130
24 Sept 2005 : (Day 62) FP/Bio Appointment - NOT NEEDED NOW!
02 Aug 2005 : (Day 09) FP/Bio Done @ Dallas ASC

Now what ?! CAn anybody tell me more on the next step forward!....

My Timeline:

Now what ?! CAn anybody tell me more on the next step forward!....

Congratulation, I'm kepping all my prayers for you. This site has brought a lot of hope to my life.We are getting all our papers together for the big day, I can't join my husband's bank account because I don't have a SS#, and Compas Bank needs my social for that. My passport is expired, but my visa b1/b2 still ok, do I need another passport? They will stamp something on it?.

SolBenitez said:
Congratulation, I'm kepping all my prayers for you. This site has brought a lot of hope to my life.We are getting all our papers together for the big day, I can't join my husband's bank account because I don't have a SS#, and Compas Bank needs my social for that. My passport is expired, but my visa b1/b2 still ok, do I need another passport? They will stamp something on it?.

Hi SolBenitez,
Thank you for your humble prayers! I am grateful for your kind gesture!! Thank you once again,

I humbly pray that you & yours and all at this portal with success in all their endeavours.

I would suggest, that you take your passport to your embassy and have it validated with expiry date. I know that most embassies will update expired passport provided you submit an affidavit why you did not applied for revalidation of your passport. Normally, they would do this update within 48 hours. I know this because I worked in my countries embassy for a while.

So far, I know USCIS will not stamp anything on your passport on the day of interview. So have no fears on that.

In the meantime, I wish you and your husband all the success in your interview,

Just remember, look, watch and see!

Be in love and be happy! You both are in our (my wife and I) prayers too!

Sincerely
Piyalove

NOA/FP/BIO ... What's next ?

My Timeline:

Now what ?! Can anybody tell me more on the next step forward!..

Thanks,

Piyalove

piyalove said:
My Timeline:

Now what ?! Can anybody tell me more on the next step forward!..

Thanks,

Piyalove
Next step is Wiat...However, you may want to send an email to FBI right now inquiring about your name check. Hopefully, your GC will be approved in 90 days but if not, you are 90 days ahead in inquiring with FBI. They are currently replying to emails received in January 2005.

FBI and name search:

EricNeesGC said:
Next step is Wiat...However, you may want to send an email to FBI right now inquiring about your name check. Hopefully, your GC will be approved in 90 days but if not, you are 90 days ahead in inquiring with FBI. They are currently replying to emails received in January 2005.

Hi EricNeesGC,

I wrote to FBI in early July and I got the following reply from them about my name check on July 19:

Their response was, I quote: "A search of the automatic indices to our central records system files at FBI (Headquarters) located no records responsive to your FOIPA request."

I wrote to all the field office here in Texas, namely: Dallas, San Antonio and their headquarter in Washington, D.C.

May I ask what this letter will do to my case with USCIS?

Please enlighten,

Thanks,

Piyalove
------------
My Timeline:

02 Aug 2005 : (Day 09) Walk-in FP/Bio done @ Dallas ASC

Now what ?! Can anybody tell me more on the next step forward ... ?!

that is so great Piyalove..I am glad that I could be useful AND it would be madam ;)

Thank you!

meers said:
that is so great Piyalove..I am glad that I could be useful AND it would be madam ;)

Madam Meers,

Thank you for your inspiration! I am ever so grateful to you.

Madam, may I ask you one question: What's happens next, meaning after interview, NOA, FP/Bio, etc. what is the next step...

I have a letter from FBI HQ regarding name check that is in response to my query to them, I have no records with them.

So the big question is: what's next in the PROCESS...? Please enlighten,

We are in Dallas, TX.

Thank you once again for your inspiration!

Piyalove
------------
My Timeline:

piyalove said:
Madam Meers,

Thank you for your inspiration! I am ever so grateful to you.

Madam, may I ask you one question: What's happens next, meaning after interview, NOA, FP/Bio, etc. what is the next step...

I have a letter from FBI HQ regarding name check that is in response to my query to them, I have no records with them.

So the big question is: what's next in the PROCESS...? Please enlighten,

We are in Dallas, TX.

Thank you once again for your inspiration!

Piyalove
I am sorry Piyalove, but I do not know much about DORA process. I have filed my greencard thru Chicago Lockbox, cuz I need my EAD ASAP.

But I ho[e everything works out for you!

Good Luck!

meers said:
I am sorry Piyalove, but I do not know much about DORA process. I have filed my greencard thru Chicago Lockbox, cuz I need my EAD ASAP.

But I ho[e everything works out for you!

Good Luck!

Hi Meers,
So what is your timeline like? Would you like to share?
Thanks
Piyalove

piyalove said:
Hi Meers,
So what is your timeline like? Would you like to share?
Thanks
Piyalove

here's my timeline:

June 17th 2005 - Lawyer mailed the forms (I485/I130/I131/I765)
June 19th 2005 - RD
June 29th 2005 -ND
Aug 17th 2005 - FP and Bio Appointment (not neceessary anymore)
July 6th 2005 - Got FP and Bio done through walkin at Dallas ASC.

Waiting for EAD!

Thank you!

meers said:
here's my timeline:

June 17th 2005 - Lawyer mailed the forms (I485/I130/I131/I765)
June 19th 2005 - RD
June 29th 2005 -ND
Aug 17th 2005 - FP and Bio Appointment (not neceessary anymore)
July 6th 2005 - Got FP and Bio done through walkin at Dallas ASC.

Waiting for EAD!

Hi Meers,
Thank you for your kind input. May I ask you one question. Why you needed a lawyer to submit your papers?
Regards,
Piyalove
------------
My Timeline:

piyalove said:
Hi Meers,
Thank you for your kind input. May I ask you one question. Why you needed a lawyer to submit your papers?
Regards,
Piyalove

well, i was just scared and didnt want to make a mistake..i wanted the whole process to go smoothly..which in retrospect i think would have anyways happened. I wasted money on it..but oh well..its done..hopefully, i wont have any probs..!

Thank you!

EricNeesGC said:

Hi EricNeesGC,

Thank you for your kind reply. I already have letter from FBI HQ. No records in my name.

Should I write that email again?

Please enlighten!

Piyalove

We did not hire any lawyer!

RANE2202 said:
Hi Meers..can I know how much lawyer cost for you?..Thanks

Hi RANE2202,

We did not hire any lawyer for DORA @ Dallas. We compiled our papers ourselves and did everything A2Z ourselves. However, we did enquire from various lawyers how much they charge, their fees was from $ 1500.00 to $ 7000.00.

Most of the lawyers tried to scare or discourage us from the DORA program. But my wife and I decided to go thru DORA and take it as it happens.

I personally think one does not need a lawyer since all the USCIS forms are very simple to follow and fill! Just read it couple of times and let your insight take over all technicalities!

You can read our experience with DORA @ Dallas here:
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=183621

I hope this inspires you too,

Have a nice day!

Piyalove
------------
My Timeline:

Thanks Piya love..I was wondering to get a lawyer..because we had a question on I-864 and when we called USCIS ,everyone answered different ways , so we are just scared if we will have problems in application..oh well, I guess we can try..

RANE2202 said:
Hi Meers..can I know how much lawyer cost for you?..Thanks

they charged me $2,600..plus $500 if we want him to accompany us for the interview. i dont think we'll pay him to appear for the interview, unless ofcourse we screw up big time!