Ginnu, RealCanadian, please help!

vidyaram

Registered Users (C)
Hi
I have a 485 application based on LC and it has been stuck in namecheck for 4 yrs now. If this 485 gets rejected for some reason, is it possible to fall back on my I-140 for NIW(this I-140 is not approved yet but will be soon). I read somewhere that there can't be multiple I-485. If the first I-485 gets rejected, is it possible to apply for another I-485 through the I-140 for NIW?
Thanks
vidyaram

Hi
I have a 485 application based on LC and it has been stuck in namecheck for 4 yrs now. If this 485 gets rejected for some reason, is it possible to fall back on my I-140 for NIW(this I-140 is not approved yet but will be soon). I read somewhere that there can't be multiple I-485. If the first I-485 gets rejected, is it possible to apply for another I-485 through the I-140 for NIW?
Thanks
vidyaram

It depends upon the reason for denial. IF the I-140 was the reason you Do not have to apply for second I-485. You can show the second I-485 and ask them to approve on the new I-140 base.

Although it is not needed You can apply for the second I-485

Hi
I have a 485 application based on LC and it has been stuck in namecheck for 4 yrs now.
--------------------Did you contact your congressman/senator local office? If not contact them.
Also contact CIS Ombudsman
*file form Form 7001
CIS Ombudsman encouraged anyone with an unusual experience regarding her/his case to submit DHS Form 7001, with specific case information
http://www.dhs.gov/xlibrary/assets/cisomb_dhsform7001.pdf

If this 485 gets rejected for some reason, is it possible to fall back on my I-140 for NIW(this I-140 is not approved yet but will be soon).
-------------------------if I-485 is still pending and your second I-140 gets approved then you can send copy of second I-140 approval to be INTERFILED with pending I-485 if you want your I-485 to be approved on the base of second I-140 and you can also recapture early PD if any I-140 in past was approved for you. Rembember I-140 has nothing to do with namecheck. dont think that if you Interfile second I-140 then namecheck will be cleared fast
I read somewhere that there can't be multiple I-485. If the first I-485 gets rejected, is it possible to apply for another I-485 through the I-140 for NIW?
--------------------------one CAN file second I-485 or one CAN have more than one I-485 pending, nothing in law prevents a person filing second I-485
** if you file your second I-485 then write your A# on all the forms( you have your A# on your I-485 filing reciept)
Thanks
vidyaram
-------------------------------

Thanks number 30 and ginnu.
ginnu:
After reading somebody's post on namecheck, I filed 7001 form this week only. Keeping my fingers crossed if that will help my namecheck in any way.
I am a physician working in a hospital. I want to go to a univ for some training. I can't use AC 21 because it is not a similar job title. I will comeback to the hospital once my training is complete and they are ok with it. The hospital sponsored my green card and the univ is ready to give me an employment offer letter to anytime. Should I use AC 21 based on the EVL from the univ or can I argue that the hospital is going to be my future employer and use the EVL that they give when asked? Will they ask pay stubs too or just the EVL will be good enough? If it is based on a future employer, what to do for pay stubs? If I am 6 months into my training and the case gets adjudicated, will the EVL from the hospital be good enough or do I have to start working for the hospital right away.
These are the reasons for my second I-485. Once I have my I-140 NIW approved, in case my first I-485 gets denied, I can use the second I-485 instead of a MTR.
I have been working in an under served area for 7 years and wife is not able to find work in a rural area. Should I try any of the things mentioned above or stay put?
Please help!
Thanks in advance
Vidyaram